• Turtle Beach's
    • Astro's
    • Triton's (MadCatz)
    • Razer's
    • Logitech's
    • SteelSeeries
    • Stock (whatever came with the thing)
    • Other

my custom surround setyp is way better than any headset, although i did here theTurtle Beach but my setup picks up stuff that the headset cant

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Headset > surround sound. I pick up stuff surround sound won't and its probably only 15% of the cost of a surround soundset up. I've had plenty of people with expensive setups like my headset better and actually buy them...

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

my custom surround setyp is way better than any headset, although i did here theTurtle Beach but my setup picks up stuff that the headset cant

headsets tend to put you into game mode. meaning you react to stuff as if its real life because its closer to your ears

and with a high quality headset youll hear as much as a surround sound, just not with as much quality

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

my headset has 8 speakers fyi

this is my current headset. plan on getting the new amplifier for them though

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets/ear-force-hpa2.aspx

the number of speakers it has is irrelevant to the fact that it's not true surround sound. Lots of people on this forum have 10+ speakers in their car, but that doesn't mean surround sound.

until the headsets have a center speaker and use digital cables, they can never truly be surround sound.

just saying.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Mine uses optic cables ;) it may not be "true" surround sound but you could make a tone that goes around in a circle and it would sound just like it really is going around you...

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

my headset has 8 speakers fyi

this is my current headset. plan on getting the new amplifier for them though

http://www.turtlebea...force-hpa2.aspx

the number of speakers it has is irrelevant to the fact that it's not true surround sound. Lots of people on this forum have 10+ speakers in their car, but that doesn't mean surround sound.

until the headsets have a center speaker and use digital cables, they can never truly be surround sound.

just saying.

mine has a center channel, and i use a 5.1 decoder

actually ill just list it all since im sure youll respond with its still not 5.1. i have a front, surround, center, sub channel. i use a 5.1 decoder to use ALL 8 speakers on xbox without the headset switching to stereo. i had an amp that powers all 8 speakers and has 4 independent knobs to control the power to each. i also used splinter cell convictions audio settings to test the 5.1( the game has a 5.1 tester). and the decoder is ran through hdmi and a toc optical cable. if i need more than that to prove its 5.1 then tell me so i can do so

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

not sure what the point of the optical cable is lol, but cool.

like i said earlier, i'm not saying stereo headphones are bad by any means. i own a pair myself and i think they are great. all i'm saying is their claims of 5.1 surround are BS ;)

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

not sure what the point of the optical cable is lol, but cool.

like i said earlier, i'm not saying stereo headphones are bad by any means. i own a pair myself and i think they are great. all i'm saying is their claims of 5.1 surround are BS ;)

ok then explain to me how my headset is claiming it and how it doesnt run true surround

I already did, but i will explain my claims again. i'm not sure how they get away with advertising 5.1. but 5.1 involves a center channel speaker, i.e. a speaker located in front of you, something headphones cannot do. now they can design the headphones in a way that will sound like there's a speaker in front of you, behind you, etc., but it's not really 5.1.

If your headphones have stereo RCA's they cannot be 5.1 because, well, that's the definition of stereo, left and right.

i try not to get caught up in the details. as long as you like it and it works for you, that's all that matters. people don't want drills, they just want holes in their wall.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

I already did, but i will explain my claims again. i'm not sure how they get away with advertising 5.1. but 5.1 involves a center channel speaker, i.e. a speaker located in front of you, something headphones cannot do. now they can design the headphones in a way that will sound like there's a speaker in front of you, behind you, etc., but it's not really 5.1.

If your headphones have stereo RCA's they cannot be 5.1 because, well, that's the definition of stereo, left and right.

i try not to get caught up in the details. as long as you like it and it works for you, that's all that matters. people don't want drills, they just want holes in their wall.

i dont have stereo rcas though. i have a cable for each channel i listed. and if there is a speaker that is dedicated to the center channel and it 'sounds' like its in front of you how is it not surround

im not tryin to argue with you cause i think im right. if i am wrong, however, i want you to tell me how so i can learn. based on what youve said so far though you go one direction telling me im wrong then state something that doesnt apply to me. if i simply can never run 5.1 just because a speaker is not in front of me, despite it still playing to my ear from my headset, then i just dont understand how it doesnt count because its closer to my ear if it plays the same as a center speaker in front of me.

Archived