Sonic Electronix

which sub is the right sub

I am getting ready to build a system in my 2003 GMC Envoy, but i would like to keep my back seats which really doesnt leave me a ton of room for the box after the batteries and amps are put in. I just wanted to get everyones opinion on which of my options would be better: 1 nicely fitting 18" Fi BTL, 2 crammed 18" Fi BTLs, or one kinda crammed 21" incriminator audio warden? I appreciate the help guys.

by crammed do u mean below factory spec for box size?

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

(2) good fifteens would make more sense IMO, or if youre completely sprung on 18s, I think Sundowns get off in smaller boxes... I have 1 SSA 18 in my cherokee, which albeit is a slighty smaller SUV, but I have zero cargo space.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

well Mostar has the same vehicle as me and he used to have 2 18" Fi BTLs and I am looking for a similar setup as his, so I am just curious as to which setup you guys think would perform the best with the dimensions he gave me to work with, which were:

"It is max width between the wheel wells IIRC around 45" X D25.5" X H22"(which brings it to about the bottom of the head rests on the back seat) // 138 sq in of port tuned to 32 htz... You can fit a bigger enclosure.... but i wanted to be able to see out the back window, and i had to fit 4 batteries and 2 SAZ3500's back there as well"

Archived