Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

Nathan @ XSpower

XS Power Battery Proper Charging Info

No room for a 2nd alt. in a Pontiac GP will be just adding batteries and monitor voltage

I had the same problem in my 2004 audi s4. Had no room with the v8. Just send your alternator out and have it built up to spec.

No room for a 2nd alt. in a Pontiac GP will be just adding batteries and monitor voltage

I had the same problem in my 2004 audi s4. Had no room with the v8. Just send your alternator out and have it built up to spec.

The only real way to get a second alt on the V8 is to give up your air con pump ;)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Sox if I get a D2700 and the voltage out of the box is between 12.6 at 12.8, I won't need to charge it?

my mechman alt only charges at around 13.8, and thats due it being internally regulated, nothing I can do, now that really never tops it off, but I do have the intellicharger built into my car so I just plug it in whenever im not driving, my question is, is it bad for the batteries to never be charged at 14.4? I have looked at some diode mods that allow make the alt charging voltage raise by about .8v by placing a diode inline with one of the wiresm im considering that, many times it charges at 13.4 or so too, with not much load, all having to do with the car trying to be fuel effient :(

If you have the charger and top them off every now and then you should be good.

I stick em on the charger everytime I am home, my alt is always adjusting voltage guessing depending on how the load is, and since car audio you have amp load always changing it jumps around a lot, wish I had a module to just set it at 14.4 :(