Second Skin Audio

Which sub is too big for a car?

Would it be ok if it faced the cabin w/ the seats down?

hell yea, then you have all the pressure building on the cabin and not the trunk, will be very loud!!

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

If the trunk and box are not pretty much perfectly sealed from the cabin it wont get loud..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

You don't want SQ. You just don't want the woofer to sound like shit.

If you wanted "SQ" you'd get like a single 10-12 on llow to moderate power. As soon as you put something that large into a car the rattling starts. Killing the "SQ"

No reason you cant run the 18 at lower output while still having the ability for "reference" levels at 20-30hz where the 10 and 12 would shit the bed.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

You don't want SQ. You just don't want the woofer to sound like shit.

If you wanted "SQ" you'd get like a single 10-12 on llow to moderate power. As soon as you put something that large into a car the rattling starts. Killing the "SQ"

I'm already sound deadening the whole car. I just need to do the floor and behind the dash to finish the car. I'll be running only 2500w on it. I don't need anything louder than 1 18". I'm just trying to achieve SQ because the sub is built for it but also to be loud as shit lol