Pro Audio Line Array Project

Yes, I was going to try a home line array "stick" system, but that's taken a pause until I can find me a better paying job/when funds allow... I'm going to get another project in the design process now, this time a pro audio line array system. I'm thinking dual 12" with 3" mid drivers & planar tweeter(s), probably along the lines of Dayton Audio products (yes, all from PE again). What do you guys think? Looking @ the PA310-8 12" for woofer, PT2C-8 for the tweeter, and still unsure about the midranges yet, or if I will even try...Something along the lines of this guy's design:

What do you guys think? Price needs to be as cheap as possible, but I can budge a little... :D Thanks guys!

POTATO!

Prototype drew up in Google Sketchup.

prolinearrayprototype.jpg

Tweeter: Dayton Audio PT2C-8 x2 275-085

Midrange: Dayton PK165-8 x4 295-020

Woofer: Eminence Delta Pro 12A x2 290-510

Will be tweaking the design to widen to 48" W x 18" D x 15.5" H and add ports for the woofer (midrange will be sealed), biamp mid/high & woofer separate. Any ideas on what I should tune the woofer to, just incase I want to run them stand alone? Thanks for the input in advance. :yahoo:

POTATO!

Another Prototype sketchup

LineArray2ndPrototype.jpg

48" W x 18" D x 15.5" H, each chamber is 1.6cuft @ 38Hz. Price of each speaker's set of components comes out to $522.64 plus the cost of wood/crossover/input panels.

POTATO!

So wheres the Line Array?

Box looks nice though, should go rather well for a small bedroom set-up. Keep up the good work!

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

• 3 months later...

This ever get done?

Nah, I've got other priorities at the time, but maybe when I'm big, it may rekindle :lol:

Tuning to 38hz is too low. Tune to about 46hz, or even 48hz. These aren't car audio subwoofers.

EDIT: damn this is a old thread.

Yeah, it is :lol: Yeah, it was just an idea. I can tune them how I want, just threw that in as a basic idea anyways. But it's on hold for the time being.

POTATO!

• 11 months later...

getter done mate!!

could potentially work out nicely. as long as you dont cheap out on drivers

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

then put 1k per box to it

and you will be good to go

2 boxed per side

and 2 double 18's under. done deal. get it done

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived