1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Ya that's what I have planned right now. Got some help from CJ18, and I've got a design at 1.0 sealed, 2.5 ported and I can't recall what tune is, but I think it's like 45hz or something like that. My biggest issue was not wanting to cut out the whole back wall. This will allow me not to have to do that.

Ya that's what I have planned right now. Got some help from CJ18, and I've got a design at 1.0 sealed, 2.5 ported and I can't recall what tune is, but I think it's like 45hz or something like that. My biggest issue was not wanting to cut out the whole back wall. This will allow me not to have to do that.

Sounds fairly similar to what I have. Smaller box. But similar. I was a little on the conservative side when I cut the hole in the bed as cab. Ports barely fit inside of it.

I am doing a 4th order for that exact reason. That and I want to experiment with the bandpass boxes some. I only have to cut out a 16" x 12" hole as opposed to a 56" x 16" hole or something, haha. Saves money when buying the boot. Mine is on the larger side, but it is a 2:1 ratio tuned to 45.09 hz on Torres Box Tuning Calc. after displacement and stuff. There are tons of guys on the forums that will help out on the design and stuff for 4th orders, but many of them will tell you to do a 2:1 ratio tuned around the mid 40s for your first bandpass.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

TREV, do you mind if I post my design on here for reference?

Not at all man. Go ahead

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Thanks. Here you guys go. This is what I'm putting in mine!

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedFront.jpg

Port View, what you'd see through the port in the cabin. That little port is all I'll have to cut out!

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedPortView.jpg

This enclosure is going into a tool box I currently have, so the cut out in back you see here, is where the latches for the box lid are.

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedRearwLatchCutout.jpg

Here are a few with the top off.

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedTopHiddenFront.jpg

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedTopHidden.jpg

Final4thOrderEnclosureRevisedTopHiddenRear.jpg

If I am able to somehow afford a shell or a tonneau cover in the next couple months, I'll nix the tool box, and make this a stand alone and then I could get some more depth and get my 2.5 cu ft per sub ported I'm looking for. Right now it's about 2.34cu ft per ported, right at 1.0 cu ft per sealed, and tuned to 52hz. That's my starting point for tuning and I'll shrink it down if I need to get lower tuning. This is my first 4th order ever, so I'm going to have to play with it a little on the port to get it the best sounding.

Also considering a plexi top so I can open the top of the truck box and show off the sexy motors. They'll be inverted, so the motors will be in the ported section not sealed.

I'd say go for it. Why the hell not. We can all three learn from each other! I'm still undecided as to a regular ported box or a 4th order. If I do the 4th, I only have to cut out the port area vs the whole box.

I think both of you should go 4th order. Just my opinion.

4th orders are so over rated.

heres what the cleared out headlights look liek for motivation.

do it.

IMG00329-20100702-1413.jpg

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'd say go for it. Why the hell not. We can all three learn from each other! I'm still undecided as to a regular ported box or a 4th order. If I do the 4th, I only have to cut out the port area vs the whole box.

I think both of you should go 4th order. Just my opinion.

4th orders are so over rated.

heres what the cleared out headlights look liek for motivation.

do it.

IMG00329-20100702-1413.jpg

where did you get those and what are they called? looks good man

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived