1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

I just read through your entire build! Awesome work! Everything from your first time using glass in the truck, up to the new box, lights, etc. You are doing unbelievable! I never would've guess a teenager noobie did that. It really is an awesome build.

thanks man! that means a lot!! (:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

So as you know i got that new radiator in.. temp stayed the same due to my thermostat. But here is the old compared to the new one.

DSCF1873_zps326e90d1.jpg

Also got a little christmas money from my grandparents so i decided to treat myself to some leds from HYPER LEDs. Did my gauge cluster and my HVAC. Looks really good. Really recommend HYPER. Fast shipping and awesome customer service. Here is my truck at night. With the grill on, the foot well lights, and the dash lit up. The slot under the deck for misc. stuff is also lit up with the same switch the grill comes on with.

DSCF1887_zpsa9f35515.jpg

DSCF1889_zpsac90fab6.jpg

DSCF1890_zps6e895c44.jpg

DSCF1895_zps95595c9b.jpg

DSCF1892_zps2c53a9ea.jpg

Looks purple . but its blue!

DSCF1893_zpsac1f7e56.jpg

DSCF1894_zps58824f28.jpg

Dad and I put in new MOOG upper ball joints yesterday. Truck is going for an alignment tomorrow.

And here is the trim piece that goes under the rear window behind the seat. Put all the product logos i have used on it. Need more eventually.

DSCF1896_zps73326fc9.jpg

Still no job!! looking hard. applying everywhere. Thanks for lookin

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

fuggit man. Im still learning and don't know enough about ports to do one. im gonna do the shallows. sealed. like i planned and when i learn more maybe do the sa-8's. Instead of someone telling me how to port and me building it id rather know forsure what im doing and how stuff works! sealed and p3's it is.

Exactly what I did man. I'm 16 and am in the process of building my first ported box. Pain in the ass I must say even after building 5 different sealed boxes

Twostroke, quick question. How did you wire the LED's in the grill up? Like with a relay or something? I'm thinking about doing that to my truck, with some white's or red's. Just want a switch with them in the cab so I can flip them on/off whenever.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Twostroke, quick question. How did you wire the LED's in the grill up? Like with a relay or something? I'm thinking about doing that to my truck, with some white's or red's. Just want a switch with them in the cab so I can flip them on/off whenever.

Sorry man! I just noticed you asked! With the leds I soldered Leads on to them and ran them to a toggle switch. No relay needed. Let me know if you need help.

merry Christmas!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

IMG_20121226_154417_zps62748055.jpgSanta was good to me this year! Got some tyc headlights. Anzo markers. Power charger. New door handle. A chrome differential cover and a size matters emblem :) I can't wait to put it all on. If the Damn weather would clear up..

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Got the headlights in. I love them! they look so good. Kind of a bitch to do it in the cold... Here is before.

DSCF1897_zpsa43950ae.jpg

After

DSCF1900_zps61255eb9.jpg

DSCF1899_zpsafe53812.jpg

I wanted a new door handle because my old one was broken and flapped around with the bass.

DSCF1907_zps722f965e.jpg

Got me some terminals and some heat shrink also so I dont have to constantly run to autozone. Blurry for some reason but im happy i have them.

DSCF1908_zpsd5ea4f2e.jpg

And the best is this fire extinguisher I got from my grandma. I can't remember if i told you guys but i took my dash off to do some wire cleanup and a positive and negative wire touched.. i didnt notice until the whole cab of the truck was filled with smoke and the insulation was burnt off all the wires up to the block. Every wire is fused now... lesson learned. but for next time im prepared.

DSCF1905_zpsc63bab7d.jpg

Also got this from grandma.. put it on my tail gate. Looks great IMO (:

DSCF1903_zpsa8dde8bd.jpg

DSCF1904_zpsfb8ca61e.jpg

I also put a hypertech power charger in the truck. I don't know if it did anything but I can say it has one.. :biggun:

Also, both of the subs are fried. Nine8sst and I think its because i have 4 gauge wire to a distribution block and then 8 gauge into the amp. Thats not sufficient so the subs would clip. Amp was tuned with the DD1 though so its not bad signal. Just not thick enough power wire. Soo Recones are on the way and 0 gauge wire will be ran from the battery straight into the amp with Toolmakerz inputs. Now if i could win SOTM and get that alt (; Cut the cones off the subs. Need to get them cleaned up but its damn cold.

DSCF1902_zpsba6548c6.jpg

I hit a bump somehwhere and it pulled the self tapping screws holding the amp rack out of the wall leaving one screw to hold the whole amp rack. SO I am cutting a piece of mdf I have laying around to fit the back wall, pulling the carpet off the back wall and siliconing the mdf to the wall. Then the carpet will be put back over the Mdf so that I don't have to put anymore holes in the back wall. It will also hopefully stop the flex on the back window. I get worried that window will fall out. (; :nuts:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Got the headlights in. I love them! they look so good. Kind of a bitch to do it in the cold... Here is before.

DSCF1897_zpsa43950ae.jpg

After

DSCF1900_zps61255eb9.jpg

DSCF1899_zpsafe53812.jpg

I wanted a new door handle because my old one was broken and flapped around with the bass.

DSCF1907_zps722f965e.jpg

Got me some terminals and some heat shrink also so I dont have to constantly run to autozone. Blurry for some reason but im happy i have them.

DSCF1908_zpsd5ea4f2e.jpg

And the best is this fire extinguisher I got from my grandma. I can't remember if i told you guys but i took my dash off to do some wire cleanup and a positive and negative wire touched.. i didnt notice until the whole cab of the truck was filled with smoke and the insulation was burnt off all the wires up to the block. Every wire is fused now... lesson learned. but for next time im prepared.

DSCF1905_zpsc63bab7d.jpg

Also got this from grandma.. put it on my tail gate. Looks great IMO (:

DSCF1903_zpsa8dde8bd.jpg

DSCF1904_zpsfb8ca61e.jpg

I also put a hypertech power charger in the truck. I don't know if it did anything but I can say it has one.. :biggun:

Also, both of the subs are fried. Nine8sst and I think its because i have 4 gauge wire to a distribution block and then 8 gauge into the amp. Thats not sufficient so the subs would clip. Amp was tuned with the DD1 though so its not bad signal. Just not thick enough power wire. Soo Recones are on the way and 0 gauge wire will be ran from the battery straight into the amp with Toolmakerz inputs. Now if i could win SOTM and get that alt (; Cut the cones off the subs. Need to get them cleaned up but its damn cold.

DSCF1902_zpsba6548c6.jpg

I hit a bump somehwhere and it pulled the self tapping screws holding the amp rack out of the wall leaving one screw to hold the whole amp rack. SO I am cutting a piece of mdf I have laying around to fit the back wall, pulling the carpet off the back wall and siliconing the mdf to the wall. Then the carpet will be put back over the Mdf so that I don't have to put anymore holes in the back wall. It will also hopefully stop the flex on the back window. I get worried that window will fall out. (; :nuts:

You cant remember if you told us or not????????? Trev you tell us everything. you know thats why i get on here. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the baskets cleaned and ready for the cones! Just waiting for Sundown to email be back so I can pay them and get the subs on the way!! Got 20' of Knu 4 gauge, two stinger 4 to 8 gauge reducers for the fosgate, two 4 gauge ring terminals. Shok fuse holder is on the way. I still need to order some 4 gauge grommets and then i think we are good!! Subs will not go in the truck until i have grills for them. BUT i found some.. they are 22 a piece though. May build some in welding.

DSCF1910_zpsc6364b5c.jpg

DSCF1912_zps17a0f2ab.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

On my 94 dad put 2 tranny coolers. Worked Iike a champ. Loved that truck. I wanna get another one and build it.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Archived