Second Skin Audio

Will this amp fit this sub?

Yeah I am new to car audio! :)

Thanks for the help guys!

So instead of a 15" smd sub I was thinking (2) Fi Bl's 1500w each?

But then again.. I will need an amp that gives me 3k right? Or are Fi's subs RMS actually higher than what they say?

Keep in mind that the difference between (2) Fi Bl 12" and (1) 15" smd is only like $80.

Edited by Hadec

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

I would suggest starting out with the Havoc then. That way you can power it with a SAZ 1500 or similar power, and you won't really have to upgrade your electrical system for that kind of power :good:

What about (2) Fi Bl 12" instead? Or are the Havoc's better?

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

So instead of a 15" smd sub I was thinking (2) Fi Bl's 1500w each?

But then again.. I will need an amp that gives me 3k right? Or are Fi's subs RMS actually higher than what they say?

Keep in mind that the difference between (2) Fi Bl 12" and (1) 15" smd is only like $80.

Unless you plan on upgrading your electrical which will be pretty expensive if you do it right, then I would suggest 2 SSDs on around 2000 watts. That is if you are set on going with Fi subs.

Edited by JPagan

start small ... work your way up to high power and learn alot of the mistakes on cheaper stuff !! there is alot more involved then just putting a sub and amp into the car when you are getting high power ... big ground and power runs batteries alternators durable box, box bracing sound deadening if you have alot of batteries big box heavy sub you will also possibly need suspension upgrade. all of the little things involved really add up ... you need alot of wire good 1/0 gauge wire is 2-3 dollars a foot batteries are pricey alternators are pricey and so on ... the little stuff adds up and much more involved than getting a 1000-1500 watt setup that only really needs a big 3 upgrade and maybe upgraded main battery

if you are new to audio, id personally recommend something like 2 12" lvl 3 or lvl 4s on 2000-3000w...will only need a decent starter batt, MAYBE a small batt in the back, and a nice box and they will hit HARD...my old lvl 3 10s took my aq2200 like a champ and BANGED in a shitty box...it would be ALOT cheaper than a smd 15 (sub and electrical wise) and it would be a nice starter that will make u VERY happy

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

start small ... work your way up to high power and learn alot of the mistakes on cheaper stuff !! there is alot more involved then just putting a sub and amp into the car when you are getting high power ... big ground and power runs batteries alternators durable box, box bracing sound deadening if you have alot of batteries big box heavy sub you will also possibly need suspension upgrade. all of the little things involved really add up ... you need alot of wire good 1/0 gauge wire is 2-3 dollars a foot batteries are pricey alternators are pricey and so on ... the little stuff adds up and much more involved than getting a 1000-1500 watt setup that only really needs a big 3 upgrade and maybe upgraded main battery

this

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

Alright thanks guys! I just want a system that will put out more than 3 Kicker 10" L7s. That's what my friend has :P

I know you guys dont suggest me going straight to 15" SMD but couldnt I use this at 1 ohm to power it?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39761_Power-Acoustik-D1-6000D.html

After the 15" smd and this amp I will have about $300 left for electrical upgrades. Still no? :/

Edited by Hadec

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

Alright thanks guys! I just want a system that will put out more than 3 Kicker 10" L7s. That's what my friend has :P

I know you guys dont suggest me going straight to 15" SMD but couldnt I use this at 1 ohm to power it?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39761_Power-Acoustik-D1-6000D.html

After the 15" smd and this amp I will have about $300 left for electrical upgrades. Still no? :/

That will definitely not put out rated. And electrical upgrades is the really expensive part.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock