Second Skin Audio

Ascendant audio mayhem 12 box...geared towards playing rock music

Alright, i know the basics of box designing. My main question would be, would the amount of port area per cu ft, change how the box sounds with rock? I normally try to stay around 16 inches per cu ft of port area for regular slot ports and tune my boxes between 33 and 35 hz. The vehicle its going in is a Jeep srt8 2007. The sub is an Ascendant Audio Mayhem 12 d2. The amp will be an Audioque 2200d. I will be using Aeroports. Ive got pleanty of space to work with so dont worry about max dimensions. i am not going to build an a cu ft box for a 12 lol. If anyone has advice on tuning and port area and cu ft lmk.

but every once in a while, id like to be able to play some mainstream rap.

Edited by soundsystemaniac

I think a higher tuning would be better for rock, but there's really only one ready to know for sure. Try it yourself and find out

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Sealed? If I were mainly worried about playing rock, thats the route i'd look into.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I think a higher tuning would be better for rock, but there's really only one ready to know for sure. Try it yourself and find out

u mean like 37-38 hz maybe?

very possibly, yes. but again this is one of those trial and error things. i kind of agree with bigsix on this one though. sealed should be better for rock.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

sealed might be the way you wanna go if all you listen to is rock. that genre of music most likely wont have long and low bass notes. the bass guitar would probably not hit that low and the kick drum only hits around one frequency. correct me if im wrong.

Man I listen to a lot of rock and rap, IMO just build a box tuned @35 and you will be fine. Does your amp have a bass knob? If so, that is all you need. When I play rock all I gotta do is adjust the bass knob and I'm good to go! Hope that helps, good luck! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Man I listen to a lot of rock and rap, IMO just build a box tuned @35 and you will be fine. Does your amp have a bass knob? If so, that is all you need. When I play rock all I gotta do is adjust the bass knob and I'm good to go! Hope that helps, good luck! :drinks:

yes. it is an aq2200d and it does have the bass knob

yeah, tune between 35-40hz and you'll be fine. no need to go with a sealed box

TEAM BUILT FOR DECIBELS

s10 blazer

subs:2 Addictive Audio

amp:Addictive Audio 500.1

batts:Vital Power vp1500(front), vp2000(rear)