high SPL w/o fold down seats

LoudBimmer

last i metered i did a 145.5 with my seats up, i dont have an arm rest that folds down for an easier way for air to gain into the cabin either

seats down i gain almost 3db lol

next saturday ill have updated numbers

but im not ported through the rear deck or anything of that sorts

I was going thru other forum and guy had audi a4, same trunk type, same subs and saz1200d. He had L shaped box in the middle of the trunk, facing back and he did 142. Box was tuned to 26 hz.

http://www.bassclub.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=28699

also, i bet that vehicle can do a 143+ if his box was closer to the trunk lid about 4-5" away and the amp behind the box, would prolly even hit better lows due to the loading wall being so close

i gained about .6-.7 on average going from 8" away to 4.5" away from my trunk lid, also decreased peak about 2hz total

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

last i metered i did a 145.5 with my seats up, i dont have an arm rest that folds down for an easier way for air to gain into the cabin either

seats down i gain almost 3db lol

next saturday ill have updated numbers

but im not ported through the rear deck or anything of that sorts

I was going thru other forum and guy had audi a4, same trunk type, same subs and saz1200d. He had L shaped box in the middle of the trunk, facing back and he did 142. Box was tuned to 26 hz.

http://www.bassclub.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=28699

also, i bet that vehicle can do a 143+ if his box was closer to the trunk lid about 4-5" away and the amp behind the box, would prolly even hit better lows due to the loading wall being so close

i gained about .6-.7 on average going from 8" away to 4.5" away from my trunk lid, also decreased peak about 2hz total

Hmm never thought about that lol

Same problem here with my bmw. Except Im getting 2 level 4 12s. Which box has been loudest for you? Not by the meter but by the ear

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

any updates?? i have the same model bmw as you, and i have 2 12 cvx's and i am going to do a port thru on my deck. i have meet a guy a few weeks back with the same car and had the port on the deck and was hitting 151.2 in his 3 series with the kicker cvx 12's. so i figured that i would go that route instead of the l7's like i had org. planed.. hope this helps you out if any?.

-Tony

Archived