Sonic Electronix

Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mounts review?

I am thinking about putting 2 of these 12" subs under my back seat. about 700 rms each. Please, what are your thoughts on these subs if you have heard them? can i get loud with them? :drinks:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I got The 10 inch version and i wouldn't suggest 700 to the 12s... But hey its yours... They sound great. I have mine in a sealed box under the seat in a F250 goes great with all music... They are good shallow mount subs.

As for getting Loud... Its really hard under the seat in a sealed box... to get loud i would take out the single seat... well atleast i thought there was a single small seat on the driver side... but hey idk and put a nice 12 or 15 ported...

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I got The 10 inch version and i wouldn't suggest 700 to the 12s... But hey its yours... They sound great. I have mine in a sealed box under the seat in a F250 goes great with all music... They are good shallow mount subs.

haha the wattage may very! But do they hit hard and sound good? hit the lows? could i be heard be for im seen? haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

haha the wattage may very! But do they hit hard and sound good? hit the lows? could i be heard be for im seen? haha

Thats not only sub dependent.... I wont know what you mean by hit hard my version of hitting hard is a very large system just my lvl 3 15 is nothing... maybe to virgin ears its loud but not to me... I have no clue how hard it would hit... they dont get low as i want them to in a sealed box i will tell you that.. my lvl 3 is SO MUCH LOWER

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I read your thread build, and you shouldn't be so set on rockford fosgate. I would DEF recommend looking around. Rockford's are decent, but lightweight overpriced.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

I read your thread build, and you shouldn't be so set on rockford fosgate. I would DEF recommend looking around. Rockford's are decent, but lightweight overpriced.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

i agree with jesse i would look around more.

For what though? i cant have anything to deep. Its going under the seat. and i can get the fosgates farely cheap

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

SA 8's man or something along those lines, I've never really heard of a shallow mount getting low. You can even look into sundown's new SD series, they are the only shallow-ish subs that look like they can still get fairly low that I've seen so far

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived