Sonic Electronix

Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mounts review?

Hell yeah, that dude has the right idea. SA-8s will rock your truck dude. Louder than some 10s and 12s, and have amazing clarity and depth. Pretty decently priced, too. And I'm sure they could take 700 rms. Just don't clip them

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SA 8's man or something along those lines, I've never really heard of a shallow mount getting low. You can even look into sundown's new SD series, they are the only shallow-ish subs that look like they can still get fairly low that I've seen so far

how many would u recommend then? 2 still?? and that would be better then 2 12" shallows?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

SA 8's man or something along those lines, I've never really heard of a shallow mount getting low. You can even look into sundown's new SD series, they are the only shallow-ish subs that look like they can still get fairly low that I've seen so far

how many would u recommend then? 2 still?? and that would be better then 2 12" shallows?

I'd recommend 2. And hell ya, they'd slap on two 12" shallows, in the right box of course. I mean, you could have subs and port facing out of under the seats, and have a lot of box room to mess with.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

I'd recommend 2. And hell ya, they'd slap on two 12" shallows, in the right box of course. I mean, you could have subs and port facing out of under the seats, and have a lot of box room to mess with.

ported really confuses me lol. and if i had them facing out people would kick them.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

ported really confuses me lol. and if i had them facing out people would kick them.

Have someone design you a box for them then. I'm currently working on designing a ported box for my 12s and it is kinda tough. And lol what kinda friends do you have ? You could make some grills for them

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

It's just my opinion but I'd take 2 8" subs ported over anything sealed unless it was like in a fourth order or clam shell or something else of that sort. It just gets louder and sounds better in lows usually

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

You know, even one of those 8s would probably sound way better than 2 shallows. It would handle the lows WAY better for sure.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

SA-8s require a ported box and a ton more airspace compared to shallows...

I say go with the shallows and keep your space.

what i will do is get the shallows, see how i like em and if i dont like it then ill go ported with the SA's.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

SA-8s require a ported box and a ton more airspace compared to shallows...

I say go with the shallows and keep your space.

what i will do is get the shallows, see how i like em and if i dont like it then ill go ported with the SA's.

Hey man, it's your money, use it when you need it.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Archived