Sonic Electronix

Power, New 15" BTL advice

I am installing a 15" BTL in my 06 caddi CTS and which has a 150 amp stock alt (I believe) and 2 kinetik batteries (2400 and a 1800) and a AQ 2200d amp and all 0 guage wiring (including big 3). Shoul this amp be enough to power this setup without any problems? Also should upgrade to the AQ 3500d or will the 2200 power the sub to close to max? Any advice on box tuning if I want a solid stream of bass not just for huge burps? I still want the loud burps but I want it tuned a little more towards continuos bass.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

aq2200 will be fine for that sub, as long as you have dual 2 coils. electrical should be fine. you cant really have a daily box that is loud with burps. it doesnt work like that unless you use port plugs to change the tuning. you can either have a lower tuning that allows to play a larger range of music, or a higher tuned box that will only play a small range of music and do good with burps. there is a trade off.

The aq amp is 1 ohm stable and I was going to buy the dual 1 ohm BTL which is actually 0.7 ohms. This should still be ok right? Also do I need a line driver or will it help at all?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

The aq amp is 1 ohm stable and I was going to buy the dual 1 ohm BTL which is actually 0.7 ohms. This should still be ok right? Also do I need a line driver or will it help at all?

you cant use dual 1 coils if you have one sub on a one ohm stable amp. you need dual 2 ohm coils. if you purchase 2 woofers and you want a 1 ohm load, you need dual 1 or dual 4 ohm coils

huh?... The sub is a dual 1 or 0.7 a coil x's 2 is 1.4 ohms for the sub. Wired in parallel the one sub would be 0.7 ohms on a 1 ohm stable amp... Correct me if im wrong but...

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

huh?... The sub is a dual 1 or 0.7 a coil x's 2 is 1.4 ohms for the sub. Wired in parallel the one sub would be 0.7 ohms on a 1 ohm stable amp... Correct me if im wrong but...

...just get the dual 2 sub and wire in parallel. be done with it. getting a dual 1 sub would mean you can only wire at .5 or 2 ohms. with '.7' (aka, dual 1, which is what you should call it) coils, you would be wiring the amp to .35 ohms or 1.4 ohms.

edit: by the way, i have no idea what you mean by '.7 a coil x's 2'.

a single dual 2 sub can wire to 1 or 4 ohms

likewise, a single dual 1 sub can wire to .5 or 2

The dual 2s are dual 2s. Buy that unless you want to underpower your sub.

Re is lower than the what they are called... dual 1 is dual. 7s. Go by the dual 1 or dual 2 fi names it.

After box rise etc you would not be .7 ohms anyway.

Bottomline, buy the dual 2s.

Edit: I believe he is saying a dual. 7 (dual 1 sub) in series is 1.4 ohms instead of being 2

Archived