Sonic Electronix

Can someone give this design a look?

Hey,

After seeing some info about T-line's on here, I thought I'd try one out for my older Fi Q 10" w/BP. If someone could look at this design real quick I would appreciate it.

Here's what my math looked like:

1130/26=43.46

43.46/4=10.86

10.86x12=130 inches (line length)

I looked up the sd and it is 310 cm^2 which is 48.0501 in^2. My line dimensions are 10.5x4.5 which is 47.25 (which should be okay. this may even help a little bit in the upper frequencies)

I calculated the line length to be 10 ft. 9 1/64 inches which is very close to 130 inches.

Sub will be inverted BTW

Pic:

Screenshot2011-11-19at14748AM.png

Thanks!

45s arent necessary. itll change the specs on the enclosure if you do add them and if im not mistaken a t-line has too be pretty much perfect.

45s will help air flow, it will not change the port length enough to notice a difference.

They will also help make the t-line more consistent in line surface area. Yes, t-lines have to be pretty perfect on build and dimensions to sound good, and 45s are one of those important build components for a t-line.

Part of the idea for a t line is keeping constant line area from the driver's cone through the line opening (port). Around corners, this area will change with nothing in the edges. 45s help to minimize this effect but actual glassed round overs at the same radius of the port dimension it is trying to mimic would work best.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived