Second Skin Audio

vw beetle

CodyBurton

I'm getting a 1966 vw beetle as my new project car (sadly the last one was totaled by a woman who didn't know how to use her brakes)and i'm planning on making it a pretty awesome show car, but I have a few concerns.

1st I'm going to put the biggest system I can fit in it while keeping the back seat (which I know isnt going to be able to be all that big)but I'm worried with the way the back glass is designed and fitted in the car that I may pop it out or something

2nd I was wondering if because the car is soooo small if there is a way to use the entire volume of the car as an enclosure or something like that

finally I'm wondering if I'll even be able to put a high performance alt in, and if I can is it going to kill the horse power. I have the bigest engine they put in the beetles but thats still not a lot. I'd really like to end up with a 5k system if that's possible

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it, thanks!

I forgot to mention this in the original post but I'd really love to be able to do a hair trick while keeping my back seat does anyone think that would be possible and if so what would recommend sub/box wise I could either do behind the back seat or for smaller subs a row facing out under the rear seat I'd really love some help picking subs and especially with the box design as it's not my strong suit thanks so much

Archived