Second Skin Audio

Good 2k RMS 18" for my 2 AQ1200's?

So I got fucked over by a "friend" of mine, who built and sold me a subwoofer, claiming it to be 4,000w RMS when in reality it can't even handle the ~1,700w I'm putting to it with my AQ1200's. Bought it for $350, blew it when I hooked up a friend's AQ3500, spent $120 to get it reconed, got a new amp, he convinced me drop $120 more to have it reconed again, and now it's in danger of blowing again. So after wasting nearly $600 on this piece of shit, I'm pretty fucking pissed. Subfather/IMQUADFURY, if you're reading this, I want my money back. Claiming your subs can handle over twice the power that they really can, even after I proved you wrong once? That's fucking weak dude. I payed out the ass for this shit.

So anyways, I need a new sub. At least 2k RMS, and I'm a college student with no job, so keep that in mind. I can't exactly afford to drop a grand for an AA SMD 18". What 18's are out there that won't burn a huge hole in my pocket and yet still hit hard?

Before even suggesting a subwoofer, I am VERY curious as to electrical, enclosure, and amp settings. Methinks its possible there is some user error

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

y dont u just get a aq hdc3? it can take it. i have the aq 2200 on mine

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

If he custom built said sub, where would you research to find its specs? That is not information Google would be able to provide...but still no mention of the information I requested. Do not take it personally, but if in fact there was user error a new sub is not going to fix your situation. My $0.02

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If he custom built said sub, where would you research to find its specs? That is not information Google would be able to provide...but still no mention of the information I requested. Do not take it personally, but if in fact there was user error a new sub is not going to fix your situation. My $0.02

....that's exactly what I said dude. He custom built the sub, so there's nowhere to research its specs. Therefore, it was easy for him to fuck me over. And the electrical system is fine, the enclosure is fine, and the amps are fine. I've gone from completely stock electrical, to big 3 upgrade and an extra battery in the back, I've had three different enclosures, and I've had 3 different amps on it, and no matter what I change, it's performed like a ~1,500w RMS sub would. Not like a 4,000w RMS one. It's the sub.

VERY few woofers will take 4,000rms. I have a feeling the woofer isn't the problem here.

Pictures of the woofer?

He built his own subwoofers and they each take 4,000w. He just half-assed mine and told me it could take 4,000w so I would buy it. I don't have pictures of it and I won't see my car until sunday, so I could post some pictures then.