Sundown Audio

Im planning on putting 2 sa-8's under the back seat of my 95 chevy ext. cab pickup. im gonna port em to 33 hrtz. you think this will give me enough bump?? and people will here me coming? they wil be 700 watts rms each! lets hear what you think.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

They will get loud, i built an underseat box for ext cab chevy tuned @ 33hz off a kicker 1000.1 and they were nice and loud

okay sweet! could u check my build log?? i want to port them but because of the odd shape i assume i will have to use aero ports. i cant port out the side because the sides of the box are uptight to the side. could u give me a little advice on what you would do? with placement and all that

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

They will get loud, i built an underseat box for ext cab chevy tuned @ 33hz off a kicker 1000.1 and they were nice and loud

okay sweet! could u check my build log?? i want to port them but because of the odd shape i assume i will have to use aero ports. i cant port out the side because the sides of the box are uptight to the side. could u give me a little advice on what you would do? with placement and all that

Im assuming its a slight wedge shape? Not sure on older models but in the 04-05s its something like 11" from floor to seat in the front and 9" floor to seat on the back. I built 2 sepearte boxes one under each side because one single box over the tranny hump would have been to large for the power being used (more power than recommended means smaller box). I used 4" pvc and aero'd it myself. I ported one towards passenger door and the other to the driver door. I also used 1/2" mdf to give me the extra 1/2" of clearence over the 3/4" mdf. Its not a 70lbs woofer so it wont make much difference. I faced the subs towards the feet area not up into the seat also. Hope this helps you

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Im assuming its a slight wedge shape? Not sure on older models but in the 04-05s its something like 11" from floor to seat in the front and 9" floor to seat on the back. I built 2 sepearte boxes one under each side because one single box over the tranny hump would have been to large for the power being used (more power than recommended means smaller box). I used 4" pvc and aero'd it myself. I ported one towards passenger door and the other to the driver door. I also used 1/2" mdf to give me the extra 1/2" of clearence over the 3/4" mdf. Its not a 70lbs woofer so it wont make much difference. I faced the subs towards the feet area not up into the seat also. Hope this helps you

thanks man! yes its a wedge shape.. it tapers down to about 2 inches in the back and its 9 1/2 in the front. i cant port out the side tho because its uptight to the sides of the truck so the ports would be plugged off.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

You could always go a little narrower where you can have an inch or so between your port and door pannel. A slot port tuned low is extremely difficult and a pain in the arse with such a small box. Aero is pretty much your best bet bro

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

You could always go a little narrower where you can have an inch or so between your port and door pannel. A slot port tuned low is extremely difficult and a pain in the arse with such a small box. Aero is pretty much your best bet bro

Aero it is. Could I port out the front and put a PVC elbow to but a bend in the port if it's to long?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif