Second Skin Audio

How Much Should I Charge

white_boi_audio

My friend wants me to build him a box for two ten's how much should I charge for sealed and how much for ported. If I do ported ill use re audio's box calculator so the port with be on one side

????

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

it is up to you man really.

id say materials plus like $30 for a sealed and ported +$50

I was thinkng 75 if I have to get the wood cause i have all the glue, screws and all that. But if he wants carpet and or paint ill charge more. Ill paint the port black cause that is included.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

If I'm doing a box for someone price starts at $100 for a basic 3/4" mdf box. If they want something cheaper I'll do a sealed 5/8" particle board box for $50 but only if they have cheap equipment that I know isn't going to blow the box apart. A general rule I go by is gross materials cost x2. For friends though, I don't charge any labor. They pay for gross materials cost and my time is free.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

i wouldn't really charge a friend either ...... they can pay for the material and hell i'd even invite them over and teach them how to build a box .........

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

yea a couple of my friends wants boxes when we get home im not gonna charge labor just material fees

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

I was thinkng 75 if I have to get the wood cause i have all the glue, screws and all that. But if he wants carpet and or paint ill charge more. Ill paint the port black cause that is included.

If its your FRIEND, why you gonna charge him 75 pop!

Thats more than the materials.

considering MDF - 20-25$ board.

Glue/nails - 10$

I mean I'm not saying that your boxes are crap and not worth 75.. but i mean if you got all the materials and he is paying 20$ for the wood, you got the glue/nails/etc thats 5-15$ now your looking at almost 35$ unless it takes a second piece of MDF your still looking at 55$

Man I'd say if he your friend, and your supplying everything BUT the wood, i mean hook him up!! 50$ is the most I would charge my friend If i was getting the wood/materials for him.

unless the materials cost more than 50$ (dont see that it would) then i wouldn't really charge him at all..

NOTE* If your getting all the materials, keep the reciepts, add up the cost of all the materials then maybe add on 10-20 bucks. He is your friend and came to you as your friend so hook him up!!

06 SCION tC

Archived