Second Skin Audio

2 12" Alpine Type X

I have 2 12" Alpine Type X subs powered by a Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1 in a 2001 Malibu. I built a box to Alpines listed specs and I dont think they sound nearly as loud as they should. To me, the 1" width of the port looks small but I am not really familiar with box building and what adjustments can be made to get specific tuning and how to get more SPL. I was hoping that maybe someone has built a box to make these sound good and can help me out some! I attached a pic so you can see what I did, I know its nothing pretty. Thank you

IMG_0327.jpg

Edited by IKnowImLost224

Well, the other thing is amp choice and possible wiring. I would definitely redo the box. Would you be keeping that amp or upgrading?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

12-16sq in of port per ft3, another thing to remember, you can get these to be really loud but they are SQ subs.

To get them be a little louder I would do 1.5-1.75 per with a 3" common port Tuned to 32-35hz

Edited by miniSPLlancer

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Now with them being SQ subs and if that was the route I was going, would it be optimal to put them in a sealed enclosure?

Roger that...or a 4th order, now that is an idea to achieve clean bass and still hit them lows! :drinks:

Edited by xterraboy03

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

12-16sq in of port per ft3, another thing to remember, you can get these to be really loud but they are SQ subs.

To get them be a little louder I would do 1.5-1.75 per with a 3" common port Tuned to 32-35hz

Like I said i'm new to the whole box building realm lol. I don't know the basics of port tuning or how to achieve the frequency i want.

Now with them being SQ subs and if that was the route I was going, would it be optimal to put them in a sealed enclosure?

Roger that...or a 4th order, now that is an idea to achieve clean bass and still hit them lows! :drinks:

Lol, I probably sound stupid but I have heard of a 4th order bandpass box, have no clue what it is or how to build one

the ports are kinda tiny

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X