Second Skin Audio

whats better 2 15s or 4 12s kicker or orion

hi

i'm kinda new to this stereo stuff prob a stupid question but what would be better 4 12s in a ported box or 2 15s in a ported box i want to be loud and have the kind of bass that makes you feel like your chest is going to cave in and problems breathing maybe do some hair tricks i was looking at orion hcca or kicker l7 not sure if they should be dual 2 or 4 ohm so either 4 12s hcca or l7 or 2 15s l7 or hccas i listen to all kinds of music rock country rap techno freestyle hope you guys can help me out

thanks

hi

i'm kinda new to this stereo stuff prob a stupid question but what would be better 4 12s in a ported box or 2 15s in a ported box i want to be loud and have the kind of bass that makes you feel like your chest is going to cave in and problems breathing maybe do some hair tricks i was looking at orion hcca or kicker l7 not sure if they should be dual 2 or 4 ohm so either 4 12s hcca or l7 or 2 15s l7 or hccas i listen to all kinds of music rock country rap techno freestyle hope you guys can help me out

thanks

Given the same power, the four 12's will yield you better results simply by cone area. However, are you aware of what it costs to power 4 HCCA's correctly? You got room? You're lookin' at 7 cubes plus.

Edited by loudNlow87

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

SS 10K or strapped AT5000's. Lol These amps are gonna chew that electrical up.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

well first off, what are the dimensions of the space you're willing to work with? we cant even tell you anything accurate until you give that information. along with how much money you're wanting to spend on woofers and electrical upgrades.

plus there are no Versus threads.

also, my definition of "chest caving" and "hard to breathe" bass is somewhere up in the high 150's which you're not going to get anywhere close to with either of those options, or if you're not willing to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars.

if you're looking at L7's you're definitely new. maybe you should to slow down and do some research before you blow big amounts of money (and possibly more than just money) on gear you're not too familiar with. like Kranny said vs threads aren't allowed here. they aren't terribly helpful for anyone.

nothing wrong with kicker or Orion, but there's definitely more "bang for your buck" to be found in some non-mainstream, "underground" brands. mainstream can be terribly overpriced sometimes.

so in summary, slow your roll, do some more research, and maybe consider some other brands ;)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the money you are gonna spend on those subs, i would go with 1 or 2 subs from DC, Fi, AA, Sundown, and definetley look at SKAR!!!!

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*