Second Skin Audio

Box Design Help? EDIT: Done. Pic Added.

Ok, just to be clear, I want to fire the subs up and port back.

Which one is length and which one is width on the box? I need it 46" wide and I think between 8-10" high, so I assume width is from tailgate to back seat?

Same with port. Height is 2" width is side to side and length is front to back?

Dude, this is maddening.

I think this is about as close as I can get it. I can get the port per sq and the volume right but the tune is way off. If I get the Tune and the port right, the net volume is way over. :nea:

torres-1-1.png

Edited by 2007TBSS

width - from wheel well to wheel well. depth - back seats to the hatch. height floor to roof.

you've got the concept down, there's just a couple of minor things.

your port would have 3 common walls in this case because you are using the bottom and two sides. essentially if you flipped the box sideways it would be a slot port with 3 common walls.

the port is really wide, which can translates to port flex like in this video.

which is not good.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Well, shit. Do I need to readjust all the outside dimensions so I can make the port taller without hitting the bottom of the subs? Is the gap between the back of the port and the back wall of the box a problem so long as it's wider than the port is tall. In essence, not choking the port or is there some sort of rule of thumb for port clearance?

Sorry this is a pain. lol Thanks for the help!

Would port up subs up make it sound any different and make the adjustment easier?

Haha, would a sealed box be even easier?

EDIT: Are these numbers close enough or do I need to keep trying?

torres-2-1.png

Edited by 2007TBSS

it's not too hard to do once you know all the things to look for. one thing tho, your port is entirely entirely ENTIRELY too thin in that last example. net volume isn't bad, and tuning is good. port area is a slight on the tiny side, but that port ratio definitely needs to change. somewhere within a 1:6 ration of width:height. right now you're at 1:44.5 lol

Needs to be taller and narrower? Any recommendations? I seem to be getting everything the way i want but having trouble figuring out what to change to lower the tune. If I knew one or two dimensions to change to alter the tune, I could stop messing with all the dimensions and focus on a few.

Edited by 2007TBSS