Second Skin Audio

Need someone to design me a sub box

Need some one to help me design a sub box with alot of layouts of the peices. I have a picture of the design i want and ill post up apic later let me know who is in to help a fellow member thanks guys:)

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

http://m1142.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/guimond47/527ee597.jpg.html?o=0

http://m1142.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/guimond47/d0da4bbe.jpg.html?o=1

Those are two links to the design i want i will have the mesurements in next post iwant the two subs in the middle in one chamber ans the two on the angle are gonna be inverted in seperated chamber. The squares in the bottom are the ports . I want them tuneed to 32-33 hz. I will be running 4 alpine type R's at 2400 rms . This will be in a 97 gmc 1500 pickup ext cab. I will be removing the rear seats and putting this in . The mesurements are 18" wide X 60" in lengh X 30-32" in height as in the highest part of the box . The two round oval at the top are for 6x9 speakers too, those will have to be in seperate chambers too and these inverted chambers will need the be atleast 2 cu.ft on each side and the two normal ones in the middle has to be at least 4 cu. ft . And that dosent matter if theres more either just a minimal mesurement of the cu.ft i need . Thanks if u guys need to know anything else let me know :) i know its gonna be alot of work but hopefully some one can make it happend. Thanks for the help:)

thats a hell of a request there for free chief.....not exactly like laying out a simple square, slot ported box......maybe you should contact someone like Ram Designs and actually spend the 15 bucks to have something designed.... :shrug:

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

need a lot more info like stated above. i'd be willing to take a shot at it if you give me enough info.

edit: slap me, i need to start reading... now that i've read your second post i think i understand what you're trying to do. unfortunately i don't think it will be very practical. correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i read you're trying to run the middle 2 subs in one big box so they share a chamber. then on the sides you want to run the subs inverted each in their own smaller box completely separate from the middle two subs.

the problem i forsee with this is that it will be next to impossible to match the tuning and volume of the two boxes and they won't sound the same, which is not the best way to do it.

if you made it one big 8 cube box with a single port and added some bracing, i could see this working much better.

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Wall

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Easiest thing to do would be to common chamber everything...

... But make the enclosure a 3 piece enclosure.. ( Side - Middle - Side )..

Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-Dr

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9852

Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s

Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz

Sub Amp: (1) Kicker KX2500.1D - Highs Amp: AutoTek AT-1200.4

Processors: Clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD-360

Wiring: Install Bay 1/0 Gauge ( Including Big 3 Upgrade )

Batteries: (3) EverStart Maxx's ( 750 CCA ) 1 In Front & 2 In Back

DJ's Audio Installation

Well do inverted and non inverted subs fight eachother in one big enclosure?

they shouldn't as long as you reverse the phase of the inverted subs.

even if you put them in different enclosures, you'd still have to reverse the phase of the inverted ones, unless you like cancellation...

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

They' ll all be on one amp so

I cant reverse the phase..