I'm going to be getting two Skar VVX15s, seening about 600 - 800 watts rms, along with four 6.5 coaxial speakers running off a MBQuart ONIX80.4. This is all going in a 1994 Mazda B3000.

My questions are:

1) Will the stock alt and battery be enugh?

2) Would a battery bank affect the cold cranking amps?

3) What should I look for in a good battery for a battery bank? (Xs batteries are not an option, due to shipping)

Put a big Xs power batt under hood ..do ur big three in sum good ofc 1/0 and to ur amps and you'll be good....make sure u have solid groundsj!

I like how you say xs is NOT an option, yet the next post( sactown) says to get a xs under the hood. Did you eeven read his post? LOL.So sanchez, are there any other power cells avalible ? Like kinetic, or atleast a yellow top?

I can get optima here, there is also a battery company near me (as near as 3h+ drive can be) that I haven't had a chance to check out yet, due to distance. They may have something. I just need to know what to ask for.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

I'd add another batt of some sort to atleast get you by. I'm sure if you add like two optimas you'd get by just fine. My trucks running my Hifonics 2400 at .5 on stock electrical with 1 run of 1/0 and a kinetic 1400, I'm getting very little voltage drop. Only on full tilt without running the truck so I'm sure you'd be ok with one more batt

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

I'd add another batt of some sort to atleast get you by. I'm sure if you add like two optimas you'd get by just fine. My trucks running my Hifonics 2400 at .5 on stock electrical with 1 run of 1/0 and a kinetic 1400, I'm getting very little voltage drop. Only on full tilt without running the truck so I'm sure you'd be ok with one more batt

I have that same amp with an extra battery in the back... :clapping: That thing must pull at lot of current at .5 ohms.. How long have you had it running at .5 on stock electrical?

Cranking amps of batteries don't equal blowing the starter lol.. It's just a measure of current the battery can put out over 30 seconds I believe. 1600 rms plus a 4 channel amp on a 95 amp alternator will be on the tough side for the alternator... Don't idle a lot while bumping and you'll be golden.

I have my Hifonics Brutus 2400.1D @ 2 ohms for 1700 rms for the time being and voltage drop to mid 13s unless idling lots. I wouldn't recommend trying it without some sort of second battery though.

Good luck :)

Edit: Running that 1700 rms on my 90 amp stock alternator

Edited by jmander11

stock elec in just about every car is good for at least 1000w bigger trucks like diesels and stuff like that with bigger alts and batts could probably handle up to 1500 but for your application you should be fine but if you ever want to upgrade do the electrical first cause you probably cant support more than what you are planning now

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

• 2 weeks later...

How are Optima Red tops? I've seen many people use them.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel