Second Skin Audio

How possible would this be?

Im looking to do a new enclosure in my car and thinking about doing a 4th or 6th order. Mainly because i want to be able to play a wider range but still be able to murder some bigpimpin songs :) Oh and the fact that i could rest my seats on loading wall instead of my traditional flat wall i dont have much leg room anymore.

Subs are Fi BTL N2 18s

Space i have to work with 30.5h x 42.5 w x 28 d

Im not familiar with bandpass enclosures so if anyone would like to lend a helping hand id appreciate it. Im ready to play some wicked low shit! :good:

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

If you want a wider range, just stay with the ported. Bandpass boxes are a trade off of either great efficiency at a very narrow frequency range (makes them great for SPL) or wider range with much less efficiency. I'm not sure you have enough room to do it with two 18's..

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Well I've had this vision of a 4th order going on for a while now im just really wanting to get rid of the traditional wall due to ffs. (Fat friend syndrome) those fuckers are not careful at all when im at a show giving demos I think the back of the seat is gonna go right through the cones. But id like the invert mount them so I can see that sexy N2 motor ;)

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

You have enough room for at least two.

I love BP's. They take a little more power then standard ported but have a sound all their own. They can get silly low and still hit a 70Hz note.

Which is what I wanna do! Lol I have a powerbass 5k on the pair right now but im leaning towards more power maybe a dc 7.5 on them..

If you want a wider range, just stay with the ported. Bandpass boxes are a trade off of either great efficiency at a very narrow frequency range (makes them great for SPL) or wider range with much less efficiency. I'm not sure you have enough room to do it with two 18's..

You have no idea what you are talking about

Op you are probably going to want to go with a 4th order it will play extremely flat if designed right stick to a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio any higher than that the peak will be too high for what you want you want to start with massive port area and shrink it down to get the sound you want a good timing point to start at is ~45hz I am currently designing a 4th order wall for 4 sundown Z 18s

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You have no idea what you are talking about

:rolleyes:

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!