Second Skin Audio

obsidian 18

bass_stalker

Here are my observations on this "CHINER" sub.

First of all it doesnt even have atleast a 3" coil. Secondly the suspension is sub par at best. 3rdly and most important, there is only a 58$ difference between this and an SSD from Fi, which is USA made, MUCH MUCH MUCH better suspension, and uses a 3" coil!! More power handling, and is a MUCH better overall driver hands down. So my question is this: Why would someone buy this 18 over an SSD of which is QUALITY :

So addressing your "concerns" about the 18" driver by number:

1) What (if any) imperical evidence do you have to back up your condescending notion of a 2.5" voice coil 18" subwoofer being inferior to a 3" driver of equal size? Power handling, "cone control", etc? Please elaborate with facts instead of ill-brewed erroneous thoughts.

2) Since you obviously have extensive data and personal experience with our suspension in order to claim that it has a suspension that is "sub par at best" I would like to see you back up your statement. I have full Klippel Cms/Kms data that I am more than willing to share if you want to compare the suspension curves / quality of the suspensions.

3) It's actually a $65 difference ($254-$189=$65), which leaves the Obsidian driver over 25% less than the SSD. On pre pre-order at $148 the Obsidian is over $100 less than the SSD.

If you are insinuating that the Obsidian 18" woofer has sub-par performance in any area or aspect compared to another driver please supply actual data instead of wrong pre-conceived comfort wishes.

i want to see the data and also on your vid any idea what the actual power was the sub saw?

Why supply data when it is pretty much common sense.... Great you're going to saturate a market with a sub 200$ 18 ..... wooohooo!!! Glad you are keeping the workforce overseas happy... :ehh:

I take it that means that you have no data or experience. Just erroneous (wrong) statements. I won't hold my breath for your facts.

Just because it's made here in the USA doesn't mean that it is better. If you whole heartedly believe that I hope you have shirts, jeans, socks, shoes, a vehicle, gasoline, etc that is all made, crafted, and mined in the USA to back that up. That's lime saying that Scan Speak mids are piles of dung because they are not made here. They are made in another country so they MUST be crap, right?

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

Why supply data when it is pretty much common sense.... Great you're going to saturate a market with a sub 200$ 18 ..... wooohooo!!! Glad you are keeping the workforce overseas happy... :ehh:

I take it that means that you have no data or experience. Just erroneous (wrong) statements. I won't hold my breath for your facts.

Just because it's made here in the USA doesn't mean that it is better. If you whole heartedly believe that I hope you have shirts, jeans, socks, shoes, a vehicle, gasoline, etc that is all made, crafted, and mined in the USA to back that up. That's lime saying that Scan Speak mods are piles of dung because they are not made here. They are made in another country so they MUST be crap, right?

Hey tough guy, why dont you stay on topic and show us your stats? Were waiting....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

i want to see the data and also on your vid any idea what the actual power was the sub saw?

We did not clamp the power in that video.

I do agree with you though in that companies that slap a larger cone on a weak motor are not my favorites. However, this driver is not the case. It has plenty of motor force, an ample within limits Qts / motor force, and Vas and all of the other measurements are within check. And top it off with a sub $190 price tag and you have a very formidable 18" affordable subwoofer.

Electrodynamic

My PM's are disabled.

Hey tough guy, why dont you stay on topic and show us your stats? Were waiting....

If you read this thread you will find that YOU were the one making accusations. Traditionally it is to the acusor to supply data / facts that back up his statement and I see this to be no different. The ball is In your court. Back up what you said or shut up.

Electrodynamic

My PM's are disabled.

Just because it's made here in the USA doesn't mean that it is better. If you whole heartedly believe that I hope you have shirts, jeans, socks, shoes, a vehicle, gasoline, etc that is all made, crafted, and mined in the USA to back that up. That's lime saying that Scan Speak mods are piles of dung because they are not made here. They are made in another country so they MUST be crap, right?

so lets get one thing straight i value being able to ask the guy designing and building the sub why the hell they did this or that. So in that spirit here are my concerns

1. How much of the desinging did you do yourself.

2. why did you use a pole vent in this situation

3. how does that super scientific i listened to it on the way home testing actually apply to the end user.

4. how much profit do you actually turn per sub gross and net.

5. if the sub is rated for 600watts and you adamantly stand behind that rating why would you show the scores it does on a 3500 watt amp.

6. its a "600" watt sub why the stupid high mms

If you read this thread you will find that YOU were the one making accusations. Traditionally it is to the acusor to supply data / facts that back up his statement and I see this to be no different. The ball is In your court. Back up what you said or shut up.

Its really to bad I cant say what I want to say, however I will say this though, I sure hope your attitude and customer service aren't like this in the real world, cause I wouldnt buy a crayon from you.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

We did not clamp the power in that video.

I do agree with you though in that companies that slap a larger cone on a weak motor are not my favorites. However, this driver is not the case. It has plenty of motor force, an ample within limits Qts / motor force, and Vas and all of the other measurements are within check. And top it off with a sub $190 price tag and you have a very formidable 18" affordable subwoofer.

i still disagree, the price tag is nice but i still think a lower mms would be a good start to making it the formidable 18 you speak of

you did offer to show it i would like to see it

Archived