Sundown Audio

Sundown amps

BassMunky

I am just asking for a good starting point?

Sundown 100.4 with component speakers

channel 1/2 tweeter

channel 3/4 6.5 speaker

what do i set these at?

tweeter

gain

subsonic filter (is this even used when the hpf is on)

hz

6.5 speaker ( do i set this to flat or lpf?)

gain

subsonic filter

hz

I know i leave the deck flat the whole time.

sundownSAX-1004D_4.jpg

2) I have a sundown 1200 sax amp with 2 12

how do i connect it soo it runs at 1 ohm? i only use the +/- input terminals on the right side if the amp? (I dont think there is any bridge mode)

what i set my crossover and tuning and other thing on the amp at?

2 12 chaos in a ported box tuned to 35hz wired at 1 ohm

I keep the deck flat also right?

gain

subsonic filter

lpf

bass boost

phase

sundownSAX-1200D_4.jpg

Edited by BassMunky

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Is that a component set for the front stage? Running tweeters straight to the amp is not a good idea because of the fact that the crossover on the amp is only ranged from 50-500 hz, and a tweeters cut off for HP is around 3khz-4khz. The 6.5 on the other hand would be find playing higher frequencies, but you should set the HPF to 80-120, have the sub and woofer match eachother. ie. sub at 20-80 hz, and woofer 80hz+. You should use a crossover for these though so they run better. The gains on both you should set with either a Oscope or a DD-1. If not you can use a DMM and match it to a certain voltage and wattage. Subsonic filter is not important if you have a HPF on because that already cuts those out.

As for the subwoofers, what is the Voice Coil configuration of the subwoofers. You need to know that to determine how to wire them to acheive a certain Ohm load. Same thing goes for the gain on the sub amp for tuning it. You should run a the LPF on the sub amp anywhere from 80-120. The Subsonic filter from what I have seen, should be 3-5 Hz below port tuning. Although dependant on the subwoofer, some subs can play lower than others in the same tuning. So I would say get a track that is a sweep from 30hz on up, so you can see where it sounds bad, and set it to what ever HZ it starts to sound bad on.

Edit: Forgot about phase. Phase is really not that important. It more used if you have subs facing a different way than normal, so they arent in normal phase, so you can switch it so they play correctly. Best thing, once you have everything else set up, play your system, and switch it from 0 to 180, which ever sounds better/louder, choose that one.

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

my thing for the amps is how do i hook it up to the amp?

i know how to wire the subs it connecting it to the amp?

help with tuning?

Edited by BassMunky

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean? You say you know how to wire up the subs, but say you need help connecting it to the amp, which is wiring it up. Please elaborate more.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm