Coil wiring? Which wire means what?? Help!

oh in that case no. Sorry bro i didnt know you were doing that. Yea you just need the pink and black/white wire. the pink will always have +12v of current the whole time while the black/white one will be the wire that controls how fast the spark will fire at. let me know how the experiment works, im curious what you are doing with it.

edit: this page of the article i attached earlier may be very useful for you. http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_misfire_diagnostic/ignition_misfire_tests_5.php it tells you how to test and prove whHats happening to the whole thing and how it should work.

Ok sweet thanks! And how do I plug the black white wire to then? What would do such a thing? And I'm trying to do a flame thrower exhaust and I'm gonna use this as my second coil and idk how to plug it in..cuz I had this one laying around.

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

i believe you can just put that to a switch (make sure the switch is shielded so you dont shock yourself) so that it can get +12v of current to enable it to amplify the voltage and send the high voltage spark to the spark plug. Pretty much make it so that when the switch is off the black/white wire is not supplied any voltage, if the switch is on then the wire has 12v of power applied to it and will make the spark plug ignite. Dont forget to ground your spark plug you place on the exhaust though. You may want to consider possibly getting a ring terminal that is big enough for you to wrap around the spark plug itself when you bolt it down on the exhaust for a really good ground spot but its not needed though.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

So red power all the time and white and black switch power??

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

yup thats how it is supposed to be from what im reading with it online. id play with it though before you put it on your car. like if you have a battery charger put the red wire to the positive on the battery charger, the black/white one to a remote switch, and ground the outside case (the threaded part) of the spark plug to your battery chargers negative output. see if it ignites the spark plug at all.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Alright will do thanks so much! Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it!

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

no problem bro. id just try it tho to make sure before you mess anything up on the truck. even just a small battery will do the test for you too.

Yeah I will don't worry. Thanks again man!

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

You'll probably want to put the black/white wire to a button more than a switch. Basically with power to the pink wire when you ground the black/white wire the coil fires and you get a spark. But, only once. So, if you put it to a switch it'll only fire once when the switch is turned on. With a button you can make it fire everytime you push the button so you can just keep hitting the button until it lights.

To find the trigger wire in a multiple coil setup like that you can typically look at all the coils and see which wire changes color for every coil. The power and "tach" wire for each will normally be the same, with the trigger wire being different for each coil.