Second Skin Audio

Bl Rubber Surround Repair

TarponPride09

i accidentally punctured the rubber surround around the cone, i was drilling the screws in and the drill slipped twice (once on both subs) how do i fix this, i hear you can use silicone but i want to make sure i do it right, thanks

I did that too lol i learned to go slower so i used rubber cement and it worked great!

Use rubber cement that happened to me with my ten's I didn't predrill the whole i thought I could just screw the screws in well I slipped nad poked a hole right threw the surround. I now you got to me mad/pissed I was and my subs probably didn't cost but 100 dollars you got brand new Fi Bl's. Use a toothpick and try and get rubbercement inbetween where it ripped and put a layer on the back of the surround cause nobody will see that. Whip off any excess off the front of the surround and let it dry for at least 48 hours.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

thats suck bro but i heard that the rubber cement works good

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

• 3 years later...

Clear nail polish works awesome also.

I'm in the same jam as this dude was. Clear nail polish works good? I got a RF HX2 DVC i need to repair. I was thinking a tire repair kit lol, Just some rubber cut outs and rubber cement on the back and front.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

Archived