Sundown Audio

Noob Question

Torres

ok so since this is my first time running more than one amp, i had a question on how to set them up with the RCA's. i run the outputs from the cd player to the inputs of one amp...now should i run BOTH of the outputs from the first amp to both of the inputs of the second amp? and adjust the settings accordingly? or do i take ONE of the rca's and put it from the output of the first amp to the input of the second amp and set it to master/slave? i was under the impression that you set it up in a master/slave config if you're linking them, and these wont be linked.

thanks for helping my noob ass :blush:

ok so since this is my first time running more than one amp, i had a question on how to set them up with the RCA's. i run the outputs from the cd player to the inputs of one amp...now should i run BOTH of the outputs from the first amp to both of the inputs of the second amp? and adjust the settings accordingly? or do i take ONE of the rca's and put it from the output of the first amp to the input of the second amp and set it to master/slave? i was under the impression that you set it up in a master/slave config if you're linking them, and these wont be linked.

thanks for helping my noob ass :blush:

do the 2nd one that you named, run the RCAs from the h/u to the 1st amp's Left and Right input and then run another set of RCAs from the 1st amps Left and Right outputs to the Left and Right inputs of the 2nd amp. depending on what amps you have ........ set the 1st amp to Master and the 2nd amp to slave. as a matter of a fact what amps do you have?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

ahhh...so use both sets of RCA's AND master/slave? ok. diagram in the manual shows a little, but doesnt say if they're linked or not.

i just got 2 sundown SAZ-3000D's in the mail like 10 minutes ago. gonna post pics on my build thread :D

ahhh...so use both sets of RCA's AND master/slave? ok. diagram in the manual shows a little, but doesnt say if they're linked or not.

i just got 2 sundown SAZ-3000D's in the mail like 10 minutes ago. gonna post pics on my build thread :D

if the manual doesn't show it then they are probably not linkable. i'm sure someone at the Sundown company can help you out.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Some of the terms used get confusing. Its tough to stay on track with things like linking, strapping, and syncing. Strapping is wiring two amplifiers in a way that they in a sense make one bigger amplifier. Syncing is running signal from one amp to another in a Master/Slave sonfiguration in which the Master amp controls all the following Slave amps. Linking is tossed around pretty loosely and could mean either depending on who is using the term.

do the 2nd one that you named, run the RCAs from the h/u to the 1st amp's Left and Right input and then run another set of RCAs from the 1st amps Left and Right outputs to the Left and Right inputs of the 2nd amp. depending on what amps you have ........ set the 1st amp to Master and the 2nd amp to slave.

He's got it right.^

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

thanks ;) that's what i was leaning towards...just wanted a second opinion so nothing was wrong

you know us boys at SMD got ya back bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

• 4 weeks later...
Some of the terms used get confusing. Its tough to stay on track with things like linking, strapping, and syncing. Strapping is wiring two amplifiers in a way that they in a sense make one bigger amplifier. Syncing is running signal from one amp to another in a Master/Slave sonfiguration in which the Master amp controls all the following Slave amps. Linking is tossed around pretty loosely and could mean either depending on who is using the term.

He's got it right.^

Actually he's got it wrong. Doing it that way will allow the amp set to slave run at full gain, because there is nothing controlling it. Exposport hit me up in a PM or something and I will get ya straightened out.

This is a correct strapped setup:

05-05-07_1432.jpg

05-05-07_1431.jpg

05-05-07_1430.jpg

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

Archived