good quality 6.5 comps?

SS4Luck

Im looking to finally upgrade my front stage. Currently running Kicker KS6.5 w/ their 1" tweeter of the deck and they dont cut it now with my kickers I know they arent going to cut it with my DC build.

Problem is i only have about 3" mounting depth. So im looking for something that has good power handling and will be loud and clean enough to keep up with a pair of DC XLs

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Im looking to finally upgrade my front stage. Currently running Kicker KS6.5 w/ their 1" tweeter of the deck and they dont cut it now with my kickers I know they arent going to cut it with my DC build.

Problem is i only have about 3" mounting depth. So im looking for something that has good power handling and will be loud and clean enough to keep up with a pair of DC XLs

Clean has everything to do with the signal you're gonna be sending them. If the signal from the deck to the amp, to the components is clean, the final product should sound clean. What do you want out of the tweet and drivers? Do you like bright and crisp, or smooth and clear? The Fosgate T series stuff gets pretty damn loud and are VERY bright. If you like smoother, a silk dome setup might be more up your alley, like some of the Rainbows or RE's.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i would try them out with an amp first before I bought a new pair

Ive heard em amp'ed and they suck lol. I got them for free from my friend who was talking them out of his car. They were better than stock... but not much

Clean has everything to do with the signal you're gonna be sending them. If the signal from the deck to the amp, to the components is clean, the final product should sound clean. What do you want out of the tweet and drivers? Do you like bright and crisp, or smooth and clear? The Fosgate T series stuff gets pretty damn loud and are VERY bright. If you like smoother, a silk dome setup might be more up your alley, like some of the Rainbows or RE's.

See thats my problem, I dont exactly understand the difference in what you "hear". I know with subs, but not so much with comps? I listen to a lot of dubstep and a lot of rock, like slipknot and killswitch types. The JLAudio 6x9s I had in my corvette were closer to what im looking for, but Im not paying that kind of money again for them knowing what i know now

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Kenwood eXcelon XR-S17P6-3/4" (Oversized 6-1/2") 2-way Slim, Shallow-Mount Component Speakers System 100 rms 300 max watts im selling my rockford fosgate t1000.4 ADCP

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

you said rainbow and re together like they resemble one another

Only that both are silkies. The advice is worthless in the first place I realized, as he ALREADY has a nice set of comps running off of deck power and is wanting a change. OP needs to get his comps amped first to be able to make an informed decision.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.