Satin Black+Candy Red Marbalized Rims!!!

if u do the flake it will be to flashy on top and to plain on the bottom. just throw some pearl on it

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

For some reason I dont like flakes on newer cars. :shrug: I would keep it the way you have it now instead of the flake, but that's just me.

Unless you want the paint that pops, Then I would go with kandy instead or maybe even just throw a red pearl on top of the red you already have.

When is it that you plan on painting it? I can spray out a few shades of red if you want and I can post the pics here.

I have a Red kandy that I can spray over a few shades to achieve different tones, and I believe I have about 4-5 different color pearl that I can also shoot over a red base.

I think I have these color pearls:

Gold

Blue

Pink or Red (i dont remember which one of these 2 I have)

Silver

Edit:

here is a spray-out I did just for shits n giggles, Its kandy red over a marbled silver.

27wvdc9.jpg

In the sunlight the color was bright, but as you can see I took this pic inside and the camera does it no justice.

That looks amazing

Theres no pearls in it?

no pearl, just red kandy over silver marblizer like this one.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/pmpdzine/SGT%20Vrod/DSC08948.jpg

I would do that>flake all day but idk if I could afford it. Getting my rims painted for 350 right now. Think it could come out the same?

I say it would cost around $700-1000 just to do the top. It takes more steps than any regular paint job.

sand/prep for paint

first you gotta spray it black

then you spray the marblizer and give it the desired texture

then you spray the kandy

and then spray clear

colorsand and polish

If you just shoot a pearl ontop of the red you already have it would be way easier.

sand/prep for paint

spray pearl with intercoat clear

then you spay your clear

colorsand and polish

if u do the flake it will be to flashy on top and to plain on the bottom. just throw some pearl on it

I agree. plus the flop of the pearl IMO is way sicker than just the sparkle/glitter that flake gives you.

Check out this vid, the truck in the beginning looks like it has a purple base with blue pearl, and is very Sick!!!

I forgot I didn't edit this thread but I decided to go with the whole car satin black like I originally wanted :). Then I will be painting my rims either the Kandy red or red fire flake. Those little inserts on my rims from the pics will then be painted satin black to go with my paint scheme.

The guy that's painting my rims is charging me 350$ to do all 4 rims in a fire red flake.

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

How much should I pay someone to do my rims candy red over that marblizer? My base is already black idk if that helps?

I say 250-350.

including materials?

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

How much should I pay someone to do my rims candy red over that marblizer? My base is already black idk if that helps?

I say 250-350.

including materials?

I think it depends on who's doing it,if shop is dong it then this price would be just for the labor.My bro got an insurance estimate after they keyed his truck and they told him its about 50-65/hr for labor.

But if its a painter doing it as a side job or even a hobbyist it would be about 150 in materials and the rest for his labor, 100-200 for a few hours is pretty good

I say 250-350.

including materials?

I think it depends on who's doing it,if shop is dong it then this price would be just for the labor.My bro got an insurance estimate after they keyed his truck and they told him its about 50-65/hr for labor.

But if its a painter doing it as a side job or even a hobbyist it would be about 150 in materials and the rest for his labor, 100-200 for a few hours is pretty good

thanks for the info :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

Ok so how does this sound?

My rims are black right now....Should I use that as my base coat or spray them in a silver pearl?

Then do Silver/white marbalizer over than.

Then a few layers of House of Kolor Candy Apple red, then clear.

Sound about sexy?

I want it to look like this http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/vxrmarc/Candy%20Veilside%20Supra/23052008941.jpg

+ the marblizer

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

Archived