FI & AQ Focus: BTL 18's Walled.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Okay, so time to fill you guys in on some things I've done recently. For starters, I did get the rear taillights tinted a few months back. The only down side is that I didn't put a protective clear over them, and Now the tint has faded off some and needs to be redone. But, for your entertainment, I'll show you what I did.

This it what they looked like before.

01.jpg

02.jpg

So I got some supplies, sanded off the old tint, cleaned off the residue, and started taping off the reverse light.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Now it was time for a few coates of tint, and let it dry.

07.jpg

08.jpg

Now for the Final Product.

09.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

mivtCK.png

So then i started on my false floor.

Coming back home from the wood shop

01.jpg

All I did was start at the front, and lay each board one by one until I got to the back.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

As you can see at near the end of the floor, I left a gap. This was so that I could pull through any wires that will be going to my rear battery bank.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I also made a battery tray to hold my Group 31's...but as of right now, this is going to be changed due to my design change which you will see in a later thread.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

mivtCK.png

After getting the floor done, I recieved my AQ TS-6.5 component sets in the mail, a few decals from TechForce Services, as well as some HID's. The component sets will be the front and rear stage.

These are the decals I will be using, most likely as the dust caps on my subs.

01.jpg

These are the components sets that I ordered from AudioQue.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Now, when I tinted my tailights, my idiot self also tinted the headlights, which was a complete failure. So when I installed my HID's, I use a healight restoring kit beforehand.

BEFORE

06.jpg

AFTER

07.jpg

HID's Installed

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

As of now, my passenger side HID in blown, so in the near future I will be going back to halogen due to my failures at HID's.

mivtCK.png

I then decided it was time to start work on the wall.

Here is the wall in comparison to my dad for size relevance.

01.jpg

Next we got the port installed.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Then we got the wall installed and seated in the car. I promise you this was a bitch.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Also got 2 of the 3 total batteries installed and wired up.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

mivtCK.png

During some down time, I went ahead and ordered my recones, which are for 18's. I got the recone kit with the basket. I also stopped by and got some more tint thrown on the windows. During this time, a very close family member died. So it took a while to get any more work done after this point.

A pic of the kit layed out with the magnets.

02.jpg

Then it was off to the tint shop. I orginally had 20% on the sides and back. I then had 5% installed over the 20%, resulting in a 1% tint on the sides and back. I also had 30% installed over the front windshield.

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03.jpg

As a little extra, I had my security decal installed on the rear window...lol.

04.jpg

mivtCK.png

looking good... love the tail lights

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived