Sonic Electronix

So I drive an 03 focus, have grounds done in 4 gauge the alternator wire is still 8 gauge... but regardless my car idles at about 14.12~14.27. However when the bass hits my headlights dim and all interor lights dim bad. So I think well my voltage must be dropping maybe I have a bad ground or I need to upgrade my charging wire. Amp is an alpine mrp 500 pushing 2 4 ohms subs wired to 2 ohms. Amp suggest 8 gauge I used 4 gauge, check voltage at amp only about ~.1 less than at batt. When the bass hits the voltage at the battery never drops below 12.9 and at the amp to maybe 12.7 or 6. Is this normal? Thanks in advance if you need more info let me know.

do big 3 with 4 awg or thicker. if that doesnt solve it, you probably need a new battery or alternator.

my guess is a new battery. if you're only pushing 500 watts, your headlights really shouldn't dim that bad.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

So you think that could be causing it even though the voltage isn't dropping that bad?

there's a lot of things that could be causing it. it's hard to say.

i'm not an expert in this category by any means though.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

its still dropping decent for just a 500 watt amp. easy way to tell if you battery is crap, turn your headlights on and then try to start your car. If they dim slightly, the bats fine; but if they go out you probably need a new one.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I am having this same problem with the headlights. i am getting some 0 gauge wire for christmas and im gonna do the big 3. ill tell you if it helps or not then...

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Door Speakers - Bose Mid's and High's running off HU

Subs - 2 12" Kicker CVR's with a kicker zx1000.1

Big 3 Complete

do big 3 with 4 awg or thicker. if that doesnt solve it, you probably need a new battery or alternator.

my guess is a new battery. if you're only pushing 500 watts, your headlights really shouldn't dim that bad.

^^ This... That should help out better. Also is this a new occurrence or has the dimming been happening ever since you had the system hooked up. If its been just dimming lately you may want to look into a new battery.

So I drive an 03 focus, have grounds done in 4 gauge the alternator wire is still 8 gauge... but regardless my car idles at about 14.12~14.27. However when the bass hits my headlights dim and all interor lights dim bad. So I think well my voltage must be dropping maybe I have a bad ground or I need to upgrade my charging wire. Amp is an alpine mrp 500 pushing 2 4 ohms subs wired to 2 ohms. Amp suggest 8 gauge I used 4 gauge, check voltage at amp only about ~.1 less than at batt. When the bass hits the voltage at the battery never drops below 12.9 and at the amp to maybe 12.7 or 6. Is this normal? Thanks in advance if you need more info let me know.

I had that problem with my car. Even after i uprgraded to a 170amp alt, it still dimmed a bit. It wasnt until i put some new batteries under the hood and in the back that it stopped. I would say that its mostly because of your small charging wire and battery. Dont worry about upgrading the allt at such low wattage

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt