Second Skin Audio

Help building a box for 2 12" Kicker Cvx's

Go ahead and download sketchup. it's totally free and pretty easy to use.

If the tutorial doesn't show you the basics, there are a just a few things/tools you need to know.

toolbarsketchup.jpg

first - the Orbit tool

-- this tool allows you to spin, or "orbit" around the object. it is controlled by clicking and holding the left mouse button, then moving the mouse around. try to click on or around the object so it knows to "orbit" around that object

second - the Pan tool

-- this tool allows you to move side to side/up and down, or "Pan". it can be controlled one of two ways. the first way, you simply click on the pan tool, click and hold the left mouse button, and then move the mouse like you're trying to pull the screen a certain direction. for the second method, press and hold "shift" while you're in orbit mode, then click and hold the left mouse button and then you can move the screen around.

third - the Zoom tool

-- this one is pretty self explanatory, it allows you to zoom in and out. this can either be controlled by clicking on the zoom tool (looks like a magnifying glass without the arrows around it) or if your mouse has a scroll in the middle, that can be used too. if you use the zoom tool, left click and move your mouse up or down to zoom in or out.

note: the zoom tool is affected by where your cursor is on the screen. wherever your cursor is when you zoom in or out, it will zoom in/out from that point

hope that helps some.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I like that what are the dimensions and is the tuning.

I think it's the slot port I put up earlier. Looks the same I think, not sure about the port though. 412 knows what he's doing though, I'm aweful at sketchup so it's right.

Yep, I just modeled it using the dimensions you posted. Thanks for that btw.

Again sketchup is pretty easy to use once you know some of the basics. I'd love to make a video showing some of the basics of sketchup and how to use it. If you or anyone else knows of a decent free/cheap program that allows me to take a video of my computer screen, i'd love to know. once my finals are done next week, I could make a video sometime soon after that.

Also, the teaser pic of the box is in 3D! Click the picture to enlarge and see! :lol:

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Ok thanks man that looks like something I can handle I will download tonight if I have any more questions I will ask you guys thanks.

Current Set-up:

* Two 12" Kicker Cvx's in a custom box tuned to 34 hertz

* Mb Quart onyx 1500.1d pushing my Kickers at 1 ohm

* Jvc Headunit

* Kicker Ks68 door speakers

* All 4 gauge wire

Quick question is it better to have two separate chambers with 1 port in each or better to have one big chamber and one port?

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

Quick question is it better to have two separate chambers with 1 port in each or better to have one big chamber and one port?

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

I just got done this weekend building a box for 2 12's kicker comps newest models, it was 5 cubes and tuned to 39 hz. They are on alpine mr1000 tuned with dd-1, and it slams everything. Just putting my .02 cents in.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

double post fail lol. single chamber, one big port.

AND ninja'd... damn

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Ok thanks guys I am going to look into this and try to build my self or have someone build it.

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

Archived