varietyguy Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 I have 1 run going from the front to the back. I am running 2 sundown 3000d's My electrical is fine but do I need more runs for safety purposes. I think I'm fine but I know that all power wire has a max wattage rating. I figure I'm pulling a little over 8000 watts at .5 ohm. Any thoughts?? 1992 Mazda 323 http://www.stevemead...323-wall-build/
ChevyBoy95 Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 truthfully, if i was running 8k, i would have about 3 or 4 runs of pos and 3 or 4 of neg. 1 run of 1/0 is not nearly enough for 2 3ks Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
01VWGREENMACHINE Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 truthfully, if i was running 8k, i would have about 3 or 4 runs of pos and 3 or 4 of neg. 1 run of 1/0 is not nearly enough for 2 3ks ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i agree i have 3k watts and i have 2 runs 1 power and 1 ground it helps alot more than people realize. it was recommended by Mike Singer. http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/ 2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor BIG 3 Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm) RF T400.4 RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box) RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2 all stinger wires 200a alternator (SINGER ALT) RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear) KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front) KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK) 120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt 20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black
1988JimmyRE Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 i run 3800 rms total 1 +0gauge 1 -0gauge BUILD LOG-->1988 S15 Jimmy V8 4x4 2 15" RE Audio<--BUILD LOG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.