Warped Rims FML *Happy Update*

22" DUB spinners maybe? Or floaters

I really fucking hope you're joking.

Hahahah just made my day.

Op seems like your just having alot of troubles latley. Sorry that your rims are messed up.

Why not just put the stock ones back on now?

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

22" DUB spinners maybe? Or floaters

I really fucking hope you're joking.

Hahahah just made my day.

Op seems like your just having alot of troubles latley. Sorry that your rims are messed up.

Why not just put the stock ones back on now?

Thats the plan, come payday.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

1st one and the third one... :drink40:

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I always liked the "Bullitt" or Torque Thrust II's style

Second this.....they are my favorite wheels on a Mustang!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

axis_shine_maa_ci3_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Axis&wheelModel=Shine&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FAnthracite+Accent

They come in 19s and 20s... but seeing as I'm running 18X8 with 5x114.3 hubs, I think you could get away with 19s on the stang. 19x9 in the rear, 19x8 in the front.

After seeing the rims on tire rack, I googled it... looks like a nice setup.

glensdc1159.JPG

glensdc1161.JPG

You'll like Falkens for the price. Good tire.

No, but its the reason they couldn't get them to balance right. Both bad ones are on the rear now, and it cut down on the vibrations a little. Think they're just trying to get me to buy new shit through them?

whether u get cheap wheels or not, a big enough pot hole will mess it up

steel wheels you can usually bend the lips back and be good, when its bad its the whole barrel(flat spot between the lips) then you need a new wheel

for aluminum, personally I HAVE NEVER SEEN WARPED wheels, unless its just a big enough bend to call it warped :pardon:

you would know if u hit something big enough to mess you wheel up, sht in the jimmy with the 24s no matter what i was doing if i hit something big enough YOU KNOW

if you dont think u may have hit something, then its prob not that bad as they may be telling you

thats why they should of have you watch the wheels on the balance to show you the problem(thats what i would of done)

if they couldnt balance them then either u hit something pretty hard, other wise they dont know WTF they are doing lol but hard to say....

you can sometimes tell if the wheel is bad from taking the wheels off the vehicle, then look at the rear lip, youll be able to tell when its not perfectly round, youll see more of flat lip than a curved on like it should be. kinda like this

dwheel01.jpg

if u dont see anything like this, i would take it some where have them spin them and show you your problem...hope that helps

Well, to be totally honest, this is the differnt place i've had attempt to balance them. Its gotten better each time, but this slight vibration(mainly in the 60-85 range) is still in the steering wheel.

I for sure didn't hit anything hard, I take speed bumps like a Grandma lol. I think they are trying to get me, because they know I took it to the other 2 shops first. And like I said before, there is no visible damage to the inner or outer lips of the wheels. IDK what to do. I might just powder coat the stocks and put them back on.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

bring them by ill rebalanced them for free 8) hahaha

id figure you would remember, it might just be a balancing issue, do you know how they balance them?(you might not) the best way for those wheels would be to put a clip on rear lip, then a tape weight on the inside behind the spokes, if there isnt any lip on the rear then a tape weight on the barrel close to the rear lip would work fine

another thing we do, also saw someone post a picture of the balancer in the "random picture" thread....is to have them "road forced" then balanced, that basically takes you low and high spots on your wheel and tire then tells you where to move it in order to put them across from each other to give you the best ride

hope you get it figured out

• 3 weeks later...

So after weeks of vibration feeling like its getting worse, I took the car two cities over to an Americas Tire, that just got a brand new balancer in on Thursday. Had them rotate and balance all 4, and checj each for being bent or out of round. The rims are perfectly fine, so as I suspected that other shop was just trying to get me to buy a wheel/tire package. Fucking losers. Also, Americas was able to perfectly balance my shit, FINALLY. Absolutely no vibrations, smooth as brand new on stocks.

So America's Tire/Discount Tire is my new favorite tire shop. And those bitches over at Discount Tire Center can eat a fucking dick. Who should I report them to?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived