Having DD1 Problems

So what about amps that have RCA outputs then? Aren't they supposed to pass through without modification? So you could measure at the output of the HU at the RCA out on the amp... theoretically with amp gains down, then simply switch over to the amp speaker outputs. I know, dangerous words like "supposed to" and "theoretically".

that would work but it makes no sense to hook up a set of rcas to test the pass thru when u can take the input rcas already ran thru the car and test that. gain can be anywhere if you are testing pass-thru. the term pass-thru means it goes thru nothing in the amp

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Ok, so I just tried it again with my wife's car, same HU as mine. Found the detect light doesn't come on til 53 and it clips at 62. The only thing is that it sounds kinda crappy at that volume. So like decaf said, it's clipping at the speaker at a lower volume than at the RCA, correct? It sounds to me like it is distorting at the speaker before I see it on the RCA. I'll also have to retest it on my car when I get back home.

Thats correct.

Have you tried cleaning up the highs with the hpf and eq? See if that helps then tune with dd1.

If you can only get vol50 clean then just start there. Turn it to 50 and then adjust amp gain

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz