Having DD1 Problems

So I just put a new HU and my old equipment in my wife's car (woot.gif for guys given their ladies 12 inches) and here's what's going on.

I set everything to 0, gains down, crossovers off, loudness off, bass boost off, I mean just everything down. Using track 1 and with the RCA plugged directly into DD1 I turn the volume all the way up and nothing happens, no signal, no 40Hz, no distortion. Switch RCA's to front RCA output, nothing happens again. Switch to track 2, same thing.

So I then hook the RCA's back into the amp and set it to full pass, gain down, etc. try it over again measuring the HU through the amp and get the SAME THING. Nothing comes on except the power light. I know that the RCA's are alright because I get signal back to the amp and it does play music.

I have Dkindle coming over in a little bit and we are going to be trying it again with his setup also. The HU in both my wife's car and mine is the Pioneer DEH-6300UB. This is the first time I have been able to bust it out and use it. When Dkindle comes over and I have another car to test it on I will take a video if it continues to do the same thing. I'm just looking for ideas right now to see if there is anything I may have overlooked or done wrong. I'm sure with a second pair of eyes and brain on this we can get something figured out.

Try a new "good" battery.

Ive never had that problem

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Just to make sure the dd1 is working.

Hook it to speaker level out of the deck and try that.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So I just put a new HU and my old equipment in my wife's car (woot.gif for guys given their ladies 12 inches) and here's what's going on.

I set everything to 0, gains down, crossovers off, loudness off, bass boost off, I mean just everything down. Using track 1 and with the RCA plugged directly into DD1 I turn the volume all the way up and nothing happens, no signal, no 40Hz, no distortion. Switch RCA's to front RCA output, nothing happens again. Switch to track 2, same thing.

So I then hook the RCA's back into the amp and set it to full pass, gain down, etc. try it over again measuring the HU through the amp and get the SAME THING. Nothing comes on except the power light. I know that the RCA's are alright because I get signal back to the amp and it does play music.

I am I right in assuming you're unplugging the rca's from the amp and plugging it into the DD-1? I just don't want to assume that's what's going on since you didn't specifically say that. The manual lists two ways to test the deck, with and without an amp. You have an amp but are trying to test it using the method used for when you don't have one. I don't know what the difference is but I would try the alternate method just to see if the DD-1 works at all. If it does then it's clearly a user error issue, if not then the boys at D'Amore Engineering i'm sure would like to take a look at it and get you squared away. It happens man, it's really easy to overlook one little step in the process, trust me, I overlooked a couple :peepwall:

Steve/Juan/Tony, any benefit to testing the deck via the RCA's vs. at the speaker level inputs on the amp?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

nevermind

Edited by matt14

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3