Sonic Electronix

Which would you rather see?

8's. Then put something over them when you give someone a demo and ask what they think you have. Then be like BAM then their faces would be like.

tumblr_lsxuv0SE851qgwdjyo1_250.gif

^^^exactly what im saying!! thats what i was like when i heard the mustang at this local show last weekend. i was like dang looks pretty good and then he started slammin i was like 20 feet away leaning against a concrete column and i felt it shaking.

and if you think about it 4 8s is 32" of cone vs 1 18" i would take the 32" over that and the 2 15s is 30" of cone (obviously lol) and like they say cone is king (somethin like that)

well whatever sub brand you choose just build a very good box and give it good power and you should be very happy with it. emphasis on the box.

thats not at all how cone area works. pie X radius(squared) is how you determine cone area...

so for an 8, it would be (3.14X4(squared)(4 is the radius. radius is half the diameter)

4 8's: 201

2 15's: 353

1 18: 254

but its all in the enclosure. Ric from pulse proved that with an 8 in the right box, it can put up numbers that a lot of people see with the other configurations listed. and yes, i said ONE 8.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

here ya go man. i only had two pics. i was kinda in a hurry to get it done for him. this gives you an idea of my shape and space i had to mess with. its all one chamber as well

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

8's. Then put something over them when you give someone a demo and ask what they think you have. Then be like BAM then their faces would be like.

^^^exactly what im saying!! thats what i was like when i heard the mustang at this local show last weekend. i was like dang looks pretty good and then he started slammin i was like 20 feet away leaning against a concrete column and i felt it shaking.

and if you think about it 4 8s is 32" of cone vs 1 18" i would take the 32" over that and the 2 15s is 30" of cone (obviously lol) and like they say cone is king (somethin like that)

well whatever sub brand you choose just build a very good box and give it good power and you should be very happy with it. emphasis on the box.

thats not at all how cone area works. pie X radius(squared) is how you determine cone area...

so for an 8, it would be (3.14X4(squared)(4 is the radius. radius is half the diameter)

4 8's: 201

2 15's: 353

1 18: 254

but its all in the enclosure. Ric from pulse proved that with an 8 in the right box, it can put up numbers that a lot of people see with the other configurations listed. and yes, i said ONE 8.

hm sorry about the wrong info i posted im still learning :shrug: and thanks for the info ill be sure to keep this in mind next time i try and suggest something

Thats a interesting picture but yeah. Thats the idea. lol A really good shocker!

i say 8s cuz this guy posted this and i lol'd.

and because i like the idea of the 8s more too

I like it cause you don't see it everyday.. Plus it would be awesomeee.

I think you'd be able to get enough airspace raising your seat. Unfortunately I don't have pics of the box installed. Just sitting in my garage. The thing hammered though. He was running two 10" jl w3s on a jl 1000/1 v2. I'll load pics when I get home. I think you'll have plenty of room the only thing I'd change about that box is not so deep. But I did what I had to to get proper volume.

How much did you end up getting out of it? If I forward fire it, I will maybe fiberglass the bottom of it.

i vote 8's. anybody can get rid of their back seat and throw anything in there. to have some nice beat and still have the seat, thats a plus. i feel like with 4 bad ass little 8s from DC or sundown, it should bump pretty nice and it would look pretty sexy too. also because of the wow factor.

I like that. Nice beat and still have a seat. lol the wow factor is exactly what I want!

plenty of room

Its looking like it will happen..

Lol of course the box would great. duh!

8's!!!!!! i would like to try some 8's myself...

do it dude!

here ya go man. i only had two pics. i was kinda in a hurry to get it done for him. this gives you an idea of my shape and space i had to mess with. its all one chamber as well

Thats a good looking box man. How much space did you end up getting?

it would be very interesting to see the second option

one of my friends wants to have two 8's he was taking a look at the jl w7 cause it seems to create the most power

I think the SA-8 and epic 8 have a bigger motor them but I don't know about the numbers they put up.

What subs and amps should I run guys? All sundown? All DC? Epic 8s?

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

looks like around 3.75 cubes gross with the seat raised.. What do you think?...

-Ross

Project Layla

SoloX18 build:

RE T-line build:

54 wide 9.5 tall bottom depth 12 and top depth is 14. That's rough specs. Just wanna See if I can get it to work.

-Ross

Project Layla

SoloX18 build:

RE T-line build:

Archived