Second Skin Audio

I have a 2011 dodge ram ans have found myself with a small issue.

I took the doors apart again today to look and measure for deadener. I'm leaning toward 100% coverage of some type to get the road noise out of my truck. Its rather loud and annoying so i want to make sure i get it right.

The inner skin on all 4 of my door is a hard plastic nasty piece that is ribbed and angled and just shitty. I'm wondering about taking/breaking it out and deadening the outer skin (sheet metal) and then cutting the speaker mounting pod out of the plastic and regards attaching it (there are 4 bolts around the speakers so it would be solid). I'm just worrying about sq from the speakers as it would technically unseal the doors.

Does this sound like it will work or should i find abdofferent approach?

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

pics? i could cut an access hole then re seal it with sheet metal

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Yeah I'm with emp. Any sort of pics would be great.

Does anything attach or mount to the plastic door skin (or whatever the hell it is)?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Here is the best picture of it i got. The actual door panel mounts to the black plastic frame, but i could/would remount that. A few guys on the ram forum have cut tiny random pieces of it out and then took thing strips and did it that way, but no way in hell am i that articulate with my fingers that I can do that... not to mention me hands wouldnt fit in there like that lol.

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

DUURRR i totally forgot to add, When you unbolt it, it doesnt go anywhere. Its glued on and has some mystery place where we havent figured out why but it wont come off. To get it completely off you have to break it or cut a large large sections of it

lol