fox_racin4 Posted December 14, 2011 Report Posted December 14, 2011 I have a slammed fullsize 1998 siearra.. 5/7 drop and i was constantly hitting bump stops (with a C notch as well )in rear till i put helper bags in, i hit inner fenders upfront contatly as well.. Mind you i have a wall.. 12 sa10s and 5 batts in the back but.. Even before that it was bad.. I sugest gettin all your build done then see how she sits I lowerd mine before doing the full build... And i regret going that low... But i do plan to bag the truck.. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
99fullsizechevy Posted December 14, 2011 Author Report Posted December 14, 2011 My second skin showed up today and I got it all in and the interior all back together I forgot to take more pics as I finished it up... But it's quite dead lmao And my last truck was dropped the same 97 ext cab, had a wall with 2 18s and I never rubbed.. Then again i spend a long time figure out what size tire was perfect.. 20x8.5s with 255/35/20s in front and 255/45/20 rears.. It's all about tire size and back space usually weather or not it'll rub.. Key word usually.. Nbs require ALOT more cutting and notching tho.. Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
99fullsizechevy Posted December 14, 2011 Author Report Posted December 14, 2011 Took my forever to find a dash kit that had an eq slot of a 99-02 silverado.. Damn 1 1/2 din... After hours of searching and a week of waiting Before it stuck like 1/2 inch outta dash After Old but sweet hight reference pics!! Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
sounddesires Posted December 15, 2011 Report Posted December 15, 2011 i like the drop.. cant wait to see more!!
99fullsizechevy Posted December 15, 2011 Author Report Posted December 15, 2011 So I was looking around, and I just seen that audioque is coming out with new comp sets and 6x9s along with a 120x4... I think I may go ahead and finish getting my truck painted and then start putting my system in so I can order those and have them by the time I'm at that point.. I think 2 comp sets for front an two sets of 6x9s for rear fill should do it.. Along with a 120x4 up front and if I can afford it their 2 ch for the rear.. I can't wait!! Suposably one more month till they are out Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
99fullsizechevy Posted December 18, 2011 Author Report Posted December 18, 2011 Soo.. I got a few things done today.. Deff not my best craftsmanship but it'll do.. Considering I got off work at 7 am and was on no sleep I'm happy.. ooppss!! Now tmrw gonna mount the box and wire up the rear battery, Redtop and then wore up my amp at .5 ohms and see how it sounds.. I should have my second 1200d in a few days Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
99fullsizechevy Posted December 19, 2011 Author Report Posted December 19, 2011 Sooo... I got my box in the truck and it Doesn't fit.. To wide at the top. So I ended up saying fuck it I screwed up and chopped the port off and sealed it up to at least have some beats and break the subs in until after Christmas when I'll have the time and money to redo it.. It looks like a dog took shit in my back seat and it magically sprouted into an enclosure.. But in a few hours I'm getting liquid nails to make something to secure the box to the cab then putting the subs and third battery in so by 9am ill have beats.. Shitty beats but enought to make due till end of January.. Side note I think my parents discovered my second 1200d when it showed up and wrapped it as a Christmas present because they said it hasn't showed up.. Next time I'll send it to my house instead of theirs lmao pics/ vids of my disgusting setup when I get off work and finish Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
irvin productionz Posted December 19, 2011 Report Posted December 19, 2011 damm, that sucks, that happened to me on my box, came out alittle to big, but i just cut the panel for it to fit
White Lightning Posted December 19, 2011 Report Posted December 19, 2011 Awesome looking truck Sir !!! Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
99fullsizechevy Posted December 20, 2011 Author Report Posted December 20, 2011 It hooked up, I think I need to add some extra grounds.. But the aq1200d is a beast.. So far it loves .5 ohm.. Get warm after about 30 min full tilt.. Gain set quite respectfully get down to about 11.8v sitting at relighted, but driving it stays over 13 Laying frame soon.. System has to wait
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.