Second Skin Audio

Bracing Help Box Guide idea

SlamminBeats

i havent messed with bracing so far in my boxes just doubled up wood. but how would you calculate the displacement for them?

Oh this is simple...just get the volume from the height x width x depth...from the brace...just subtract it from the final volume. I do that when I have to work around wheel wells.

EX.

Let's say you use 1x1 for a brace....(which I do...because it's cheap =X) all I do is measure the distance...and for this example...18.5" long.... 1 x 1 x 18.5 = 0.011 ft3

how you get .011?

i havent messed with bracing so far in my boxes just doubled up wood. but how would you calculate the displacement for them?

Oh this is simple...just get the volume from the height x width x depth...from the brace...just subtract it from the final volume. I do that when I have to work around wheel wells.

EX.

Let's say you use 1x1 for a brace....(which I do...because it's cheap =X) all I do is measure the distance...and for this example...18.5" long.... 1 x 1 x 18.5 = 0.011 ft3

how you get .011?

Drunk....Idk...it's 18.5 lol

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

cant invert subs because of the height issue. I suck at using torres, i mess around with it forever and can never get my port area to be 12-16per cubic foot and get my tuning frequency to the right spot, not to mention i still cant decide what tuning frequency i want for daily.

EX.

how you get .011?

Drunk....Idk...it's 18.5 lol

i know but what number do you use again to get the cubic feet after multiplying hxwxd

if it was 1x1x18.5 inches you would just divide the answer by 1728 and it will give you .011

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

You can do a wood dowel + MDF disc combo to get a large bracing area without taking up a lot of room. Cut your 1.25" wide dowel 1.5" shorter than the distance your bracing, and use a 3" diameter disc of MDF on each side to give you a much larger bracing area than the dowel normally would. Just pre-drill through the disc and about 1" into the dowel, put glue on everything, and screw that stuff together...it's worked great whenever I really needed to save some volume.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived