is the NSB-90 overkill for my project???

whats up people, this is my first post on the forum here on steve's site, the knowledge you guys have here i respect alot me being new to car audio and all. just gotta few questions...

i'm starting a new project in my 2002 cadillac deville and i'm starting from the ground up, all out quality and trying to throw new brands in the project. that's why i have a question about my electrical needs. Ideally i'll be running a mmats 3000.1 and a alpine pdx 150.4 which will total up to about 3500+, this is the question , how big the battery should be under the hood, and what size in the trunk. iwas thinkin 2 nsb40's, one in each end or keep the redtop and get a nsb 90 for the trunk? also, what size alt to should be efficient, get 2/0 or stick with 0/1... stuff like that i need to be enlightend on. any input is good input + or - ;)

overkill???...what is that?, never heard of it  ;D . anyways...i dont think that is overkill at all, i got a nsb90 and a big ass alt and im only running 1200watts. you could probably do 2 or 3 batteries, and run as big as an alternator as you can fit/afford. 3500watts is quite a bit, so dont be shy about electrical upgrades. as for wire, i would say either option would suffice, but i would still do multiple runs of wire from front to rear battery as well as the big 3 upgrade...

i likes me some audio stuff...

overkill is like over doing it. and i dont think it would be overkilling it if you got a nsb... they dam good batteries and will prob last you a very very long time. worth every penny.

1/0 or 2/0 would be more than big enough.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i know what overkill is...i was just being sarcastic. but, yea, i think that sounds like a damn good start. if you still have electrical issues after that then you can always add more...

oh ok ha ha just checking... yea i think that would be a great combination!!!

Archived