Jump to content

Strange crackling when turn volume higher HELP


wmrcs

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have an Alpine CDA-105 head unit and recently I had the volume up at about 21 and I think the unit clips around 23 or 24. I am getting strange fuzz/crackling when I turn the volume up to about 13 or 14. Sometimes it gets bad and I can't go to 8 or 9 without it distorting. Hitting my dash hard usually helps....haha how can I troubleshoot this?

edit: I just took it out of my dash with the car on listening and when I fiddle with the wires going into the back of the unit it helps/makes the problem worse, but I can't get the problem to go away completely. I've had this in the past and it ticked me off for a while and then randomly stopped crackling and it was fine. Could it be that the wires got bent weird from behind squeezed into my dash before and now they aren't secure into the back of the unit? Oh and I don't know if it matters much but the back of my headunit was FREAKIN HOT after it had been on for like 2 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?

E34 540iT/6

Posted

how do you have the wire harness connected? is it ghetto rigged and taped with electrical tape? did u use butt connectors? is there any bare wire exposed? what have you done up to this point to diagnose it other than pull out the h/u and touch it? did you check the wires going to your speakers to see if they were shorting out anywhere or if the wires were frayed? details man details! lol

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Posted

how do you have the wire harness connected? is it ghetto rigged and taped with electrical tape? did u use butt connectors? is there any bare wire exposed? what have you done up to this point to diagnose it other than pull out the h/u and touch it? did you check the wires going to your speakers to see if they were shorting out anywhere or if the wires were frayed? details man details! lol

I soldered the wires and there are no bare wires exposed and no wires are shorting at any of the speakers... It makes me think there is an internal amp issue but I don't want to think that.

E34 540iT/6

Posted

I think it is a internal amp problem I had the same problem with my jvc not long ago. I used crimpers and that wasn't the problem and someone told me internal amp. So I replaced my stereo with and no problems so far. So new stereo. Hope that helps you out.

Posted

I think it is a internal amp problem I had the same problem with my jvc not long ago. I used crimpers and that wasn't the problem and someone told me internal amp. So I replaced my stereo with and no problems so far. So new stereo. Hope that helps you out.

Yea well the only reason I have to believe it is not the amp is because it happened a few months ago and I took my HU out and took the harness out and just plugged it back in and it fixed it until now and when I took it out yesterday to fiddle with it, the distortion and sound would change when I would move the wires coming out of the back of the HU. Makes me wonder if the pin is like loose or something...I don't know though. I'm selling my truck soon and I'll ditch the HU with it.

E34 540iT/6

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 809 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...