A Guy With A Crystal Clear Sounding System.

Jordan92790

Alright...so I know this guy that works at radio shack. He has 2 12" Alpha Sonik 800 series subs, and they hit. He has stock mids and highs but he can turn his radio up ALL the way without any distortion at all. How does he do it? He says it's the way it has been hooked up. I dunno though. I figured it's best to ask here.

I'm using the Sony Xplod(Cheap I know) Highs and mids for my car, and had the sony subs. I could turn up my system pretty loud with good sound qualty. but I couldn't turn it up all the way becaise it would cause destortion. Does subs cause the distortion or what? Will I be able to have a crystal clear SQ with Sony Mids and highs with my new 18in FI BL I'm getting rdy to install? and if so how do I do it?

Alright...so I know this guy that works at radio shack. He has 2 12" Alpha Sonik 800 series subs, and they hit. He has stock mids and highs but he can turn his radio up ALL the way without any distortion at all. How does he do it? He says it's the way it has been hooked up. I dunno though. I figured it's best to ask here.

I'm using the Sony Xplod(Cheap I know) Highs and mids for my car, and had the sony subs. I could turn up my system pretty loud with good sound qualty. but I couldn't turn it up all the way becaise it would cause destortion. Does subs cause the distortion or what? Will I be able to have a crystal clear SQ with Sony Mids and highs with my new 18in FI BL I'm getting rdy to install? and if so how do I do it?

I would have to say that there are too many variables that we do not know about his system to tell you how he has done it. Some things to consider:

If I remember correctly, RF brand head units are made to go to their full volume without distortion.

If he is running a good aftermarket HU to an amp and that amp runs his stock speakers he can tune the amp accordingly.

We have a dodge charger and the stock system does not distort at full volume

Everything that I just said assumes distortion is referring only to that which is audible to the human ear.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

just cuz speakers are stock does not mean they are cheap speakers by any means. some cars come with bose speakers which are great quality speakers. by not listing the car he owns, i can assume they are bose speakers for the sake of arguement. which is why he can turn em up so loud and still get crystal sound. subs do NOT cause distortion. sure...you can distort your subs, but the subs will not distort your speakers because the sub is not powering them. there's a lot more technical info that goes into it, but with the same speakers, adding your sub will not help or hurt the output of the speakers. you'll need to upgrade the mids and highs themselves to get louder/crisper sound.

I would have to say that there are too many variables that we do not know about his system to tell you how he has done it. Some things to consider:

If I remember correctly, RF brand head units are made to go to their full volume without distortion.

If he is running a good aftermarket HU to an amp and that amp runs his stock speakers he can tune the amp accordingly.

We have a dodge charger and the stock system does not distort at full volume

Everything that I just said assumes distortion is referring only to that which is audible to the human ear.

He has a Hifonic headunit (dvd touch screen). He doesn't have an amp that is running to his stock speakers(not taking stock amps into consideration). He only has 1 amp and it's an SPL 1200 watt amp at 1 ohm I think.

I guess the most basic answer that anyone can give to the question of how to do it is this:

A clean system can be done simply, it does not need extravagant parts. You can have a clean, high quality system without spending a fortune, however, you can't just throw junk together, it takes planning, quality parts and quality planning/install work.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Also, Boston and some other good brands are doing stock systems for various car companies. It may not be as good as their aftermarket stuff, but it is not bad stuff at all.

That is true. When I had my 2002 dodge ram quad cab slt (the new body style), it came with boston acoustics stock sound system. It even had the boston acoustics badge on the driver and passenger side doors opposite side of the mirrors(inside of the cab). The only thing I added was an mtx 942 amp and a pair of pioneer tsw2000 12's and that was it. It sounded pretty damn good.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac

just cuz speakers are stock does not mean they are cheap speakers by any means. some cars come with bose speakers which are great quality speakers. by not listing the car he owns, i can assume they are bose speakers for the sake of arguement. which is why he can turn em up so loud and still get crystal sound. subs do NOT cause distortion. sure...you can distort your subs, but the subs will not distort your speakers because the sub is not powering them. there's a lot more technical info that goes into it, but with the same speakers, adding your sub will not help or hurt the output of the speakers. you'll need to upgrade the mids and highs themselves to get louder/crisper sound.

Since when was Bose great quality? lmao

Archived