Sonic Electronix

amp is hot please help!!

Could be considered overkill, but I always upgrade the electrical first and stoutly.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i see lots of confusion here and people asking questions he already answered.

he has an RF 2500.1bdcp powering a Fi BTL N2 with a 2 ohm DVC wired up to 1 Ohm

He has a stock Alt. and 1 Yellow top under the hood.

Anyways it seems as though electrical upgrade is needed. put another batt in the back with the amp, re-check grounds and upgrade Alt.

As mentioned before, its probably voltage drop.

when the voltage drops the Amp will try compensate by drawing more current causing components to heat up and possibly even burn out.

im no expert but it defiantly seems like you need an electrical upgrade

i sanded and moved the 2 grounds to a new spot and the heat went down to a very light warm. after about 20 mins of playing. i checked the voltage on the optima battery while play time and it was at around 13.2-13.7 never went under 13 though.but the amp is still getting pretty warm..not as hot as it was..but still pretty uncomfortably warm..Q ? with the big3 upgrade should i do that first and then get a new alt. or backwards..i only have about 250 dollars to play with right now. and i know that mechman alts are almost 600 >_>

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

Stay Golden

Lower voltage = more current. Fixing the ground merely solved one problem. You can do the big 3 now, but it is a bandaid on a hole. Where is your voltage meter connected to?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived