I have a few questions about my first system...

So I'm getting my license in a month or two....

Its Christmas and my birthday is in February, so all I'm gonna ask for is money.

My first car is a 199x's chevy s10 blazer

Here's what I'm planning on getting:

2 15" (maybe 12") Kicker l7's

A 2000 watt (or 1500 watt if I get the 12's) amp.

an Epicenter

With all/most 0 gauge wiring

I was planning on it costing a bit over 1000 dollars

Is this a good setup for my first system?

If not, what do you suggest getting?

Where could I buy subwoofers, amp, and epicenter cheaper than retail stores?

I'd say keep looking man. Nothing wrong with kickers but for a $1000 you can get better stuff. Look in the forsale section, get an AQ2200 or crescendo and a single 18 like AQ or sundown for example. Build your own ported box and be slammin

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

What kind of amp?

I would go with Skar, Sundown, DD, RE, DC, Incriminator, SSA, PSI, Audioque, Audiopipe, tons of things before i would spend money on kicker.

I had a zx1500.1 and 2 12L7s sounded sloppy but was loud yes

Swapped that out for a old directed 1200 and 2 12 re srs (300watt rms) and they were cleaner and louder than the l7s

You are starting out the right way....with questions. This is gonna save you from having to sell of everything you buy.....you can get alot for a grand.

1. Don't fall for all the hype when it comes to name brand/mainstream gear.

2. For subs take a look at DC or Sundown.

3. Look for a used amp from a reputable forum member....you can find something as good as new for half the price, Fosgate, DC, Sundown, AQ are all good just to name a few.

4. Get good OFC wire, do it right the first time, Knu is great and XS has wire now that seems awesome and is competitively priced.

Take a look up top at the forum sponsors, they are all very reputable.....do you think Steve would allow a shit hole company to tarnish his business/forum....nope! And finally....read, read, read.....learn from other members experience and mistakes, the fact that you are willing to ask questions and learn will likely bring you more advice from the really knowledgeable guys!!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

You are starting out the right way....with questions. This is gonna save you from having to sell of everything you buy.....you can get alot for a grand.

1. Don't fall for all the hype when it comes to name brand/mainstream gear.

2. For subs take a look at DC or Sundown.

3. Look for a used amp from a reputable forum member....you can find something as good as new for half the price, Fosgate, DC, Sundown, AQ are all good just to name a few.

4. Get good OFC wire, do it right the first time, Knu is great and XS has wire now that seems awesome and is competitively priced.

Take a look up top at the forum sponsors, they are all very reputable.....do you think Steve would allow a shit hole company to tarnish his business/forum....nope! And finally....read, read, read.....learn from other members experience and mistakes, the fact that you are willing to ask questions and learn will likely bring you more advice from the really knowledgeable guys!!

I agree 100%

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500