Second Skin Audio

The upgrade bug is biting the shit outta me!

Mehhh id go with 4 cubes after displacement for either of them. But for tuning id go with 30-32hz on the vvxs and 34-36 on the sa. But thats just my opinion.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I have a pair of vvx 12s and am very satisfied with them. Im running about 1700rms to the pair and they barely get warm. They are great subs but i doubt youll notice a gain besides playing the lows a bit better. Those sa's can take a bit more abuse than the vvxs too.

If that's the case, i'm sure I could accomplish that by building a different box

Yes id recommend building a new box for them. They do require a lil different net volume and tuning to sound the best.

Gonna have to start figuring out the design, all I know is I want an aero port this time.

Get another 1500 for the Sundowns and watch them bitches dance haha!

If I had the electrical I would.

Mehhh id go with 4 cubes after displacement for either of them. But for tuning id go with 30-32hz on the vvxs and 34-36 on the sa. But thats just my opinion.

Why would you tune so high with the SA's? With my current setup I can play down into the mid to low 20's with authority and i'm tuned to 32Hz.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Just because its closer to the subs fs. I wish i could say the same about the vvxs but that would worry me about how well it would sound. In my opinion tuning below 30hz is kinda pointless. If im not mistaken Chode is tuned somewhere in the 40s and apparently he plays nasty lows.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

check out this vid anton made. He's ran both sa 12s and vvx 12s and he says they are pretty much the same except the vvx is more of a low end monster.

was that boxed ported or sealed?

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Just because its closer to the subs fs. I wish i could say the same about the vvxs but that would worry me about how well it would sound. In my opinion tuning below 30hz is kinda pointless. If im not mistaken Chode is tuned somewhere in the 40s and apparently he plays nasty lows.

Yes it depends on the sub, enclosure design, cabin frequency, and other factors.

check out this vid anton made. He's ran both sa 12s and vvx 12s and he says they are pretty much the same except the vvx is more of a low end monster.

was that boxed ported or sealed?

Ported via aero port firing to the side

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f