Sundown Audio

SA-8 v.2 SPL Dual-1 Testing

Lmfao@ behind a quad cab seat.

Like 03-06 style??

Hell yes.

That box is 11 tallx 7&4

Hella to shallow.

Ive crammed a 1508 in there but the sa8 dwarfs the DD

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I might have to pick up a few of these for the Rex :) Insane numbers Jacob!

We have a "stock SPL coil" option that is not too far off of what we used here... I have 200 coming in this way in D2 and D4 CCAW coils (For the D1 we had to have it made with 8-layer flat aluminum wire as round wire was too fat for the gap). MMS will be very similar to Sean's woofer but with a bit less stiffness as they have the separated spiders rather than the permanently bonded pack of 2 spiders. They cost the same as a stock copper unit.

I can also build units to match Sean's as I am having 100 motors and baskets sent as well for just such an occasion! Units that we build will of course cost a bit more -- it would be mandatory to get a D1 for us to build it as they are American coils -- or for more or even fewer spiders (two is stock).

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's over 150 dB on the dash now with the 3 spider woofer (which is quieter) due to some changes in the setup. Need to build another 2 spider woofer as we damaged the first one (4000+ watt burps on an eight can do that).

More details later on ;)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 1 month later...