Second Skin Audio

How much does the cone of a fi 18" bl and 18" sp4 bounce up to?

Vooloco

woofers that are like 2" from the trunk lid/rear deck are pointless to me. either fire forward, or fire rearward. and if you're into car audio, why are you concerned about weight?

I don't want to have my car having over 200lb of weight in the back when I care about the performance of my car also. (1979 camaro z28 with a 454 (7.4 liters)

Might as well take out all the interior as well besides driver seat if you care about weight that much.

if you want to save weight, get a woofer that has a neo motor like the N series by Fi. they'll save you a good like 40lb or so over the woofers with a traditional ferrite motor

edit: but hey, with more weight in the back you'll have less wheel spin :P

How is it such a difference?

neo magnets are MUCH MUCH stronger than ferrite magnets. i dont know why, but i know that you can use a much smaller neo magnet to get the same amount of strength as a larger ferrite magnet. the only downside to neo magnets is that they cost way more and if you subject them to a LOT of heat (think a few hundred degrees), the strength goes down.

Just get twin sundown 12s ( Sa-12s). They don't weight a ton, and they hit very hard.

You wont have to make a bigger box either, 2 12s take less space.

you care about your car's performance, but you want to run an 18?

okay, i dont get it.

performance + sound = AMAZING

Nuf said.

BASSHEADS UNITE

Get 2 12s. It has more cone area then 1 18, so it will be louder (using same wattage).

I'm thinking about either 2 10s or 2 12s (fi bl's) How notifiable would the difference be between 2 10s and 2 12s?

Two 10" = 157.08

Two 12" = 226.19

One 18" = 254.47

ahem...2 12's does not have more cone area than 1 18.

How much power are you looking to run is the real question, and what do you have for electrical upgrades?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Technically yes

It is Slightly smaller yes, but the Xmax is they key

Say a 18 had 20mm xmax, but 2 12s had a xmax of 20mm each.

With similar cone areas, the 2 12s win because more air is moving, thus being louder.

Get 2 12s. It has more cone area then 1 18, so it will be louder (using same wattage).

I'm thinking about either 2 10s or 2 12s (fi bl's) How notifiable would the difference be between 2 10s and 2 12s?

Two 10" = 157.08

Two 12" = 226.19

One 18" = 254.47

ahem...2 12's does not have more cone area than 1 18.

BASSHEADS UNITE

Okay how much of a difference would it be between a 15" N215 and 2 12 BL's? How much louder is the 12s? Noticeably? Because the 15 N215 has the neo magnet so it is a lot lighter then the 2 12s with the traditional BL magnets. And I could probably angle the sub so it can aim at the back seats instead of to the roof because it is smaller then the 18 and mounting depth is over an inch less.

Archived